(Warning) about storing your air tank in a (capped PVC pipe)

As a retired welder and seeing what can happen to high pressure tanks when the valve is broken I decided to use a PVC pipe for protection of the valve. I mainly use it for traveling and storage strapped to my work bench. But one day after filling my gun I put the tank back in the pvc pipe and when putting the lid on I heard a pop. To my surprise the dust cap blew off, (the valve was leaking). I'm not sure what pressure the pipe is rated for but I due believe it would have been a bad experience with injury. I drilled a relief hole in the PVC pipe so if it ever happens again there will be no pressure build up. Just thought I should mention my stupid screw up so no one else makes this mistake. Be safe

0514201535.1649052982.jpg
0329221442.1649053123.jpg

I built a “cage” around mine about 12 years ago. Ain't no beauty queen and looks kinda rough but it's been around the block a few times and serves a purpose. Easy for visual inspection. 

PVC and pool noodles. 
Fell over once. No damage kinda a dull thud.

Stays in the cage. No need to remove it. I can carry it, transport it without fear of it sliding or rolling around, fill from it, even sit stuff on it when horizontal. 

AFFC9C6C-266A-457E-8C8F-3EE24F76617F.1647471088.jpeg

mc357 My tank is a great white and the pipe is 8" ID. but measures 7 7/8" ID. by 28 1/2" tall. I put a piece of memory foam inside the bottom and top then add my whip to the inside top. The tank is wrapped with head liner material from JoAnne's fabric shop then sewed some velcro on it, it fits nice and snug. I got the pipe and bottom cap from a friend in the construction buss. The top cap cost like $55 but wanted the screw on type but crazy money. Good luck

This is not my idea with the pipe, another member Big Tin Boat showed it on here a few years ago