• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Feedback WARNING ABOUT ODOYLE!!! HE is still SCAMMING on AGN!!!

Well, I hope you are wrong. I hope you get your money and I hope he likes the scopes. IF you are wrong please find the courage to come back and tell us and if you don't have your money before a month or so has passed revisit this thread and give us an update.

People do we really need another Yo bashing thread?

Thanks, Cornpone. Will do. Just to note though, he could mail me my money on Monday, but it still doesn't mean that he wasn't going to try to scam me until I called him out on it. My intent with this post was to put the info out there, since I didn't know about it until the recent posts (which was already too late for me). You can each decide what to do with it. 

He recent paid for a Barra scope for me with his own money help me buy it from Keahi and they were problems with post office mail and scope was returned to sender. You ask Keahi he is a member and received it returned for no reason. I still owe him the money and in fact he ate10$ extra shipping and told me send the money after I get the scope. He did to help a brother out when I didn't have the money.

I gave a call tell him about this post he say he too busy now for a forum might open on time. He say the pizza guy threatened bodily harm and said Monday was the agreement.

I do not think this thread is warranted.

He say a priority envelope with 900$ inside vanished off tracking and he is careful to wait to mail money until his postal problem is cleared up. That is why he say he waited to mail a money order. He say MP44.has a proof of lost money order tracking to be careful now. He also wait to send money for a new FX Impact he told me untul it is safe. He say read a warning post about USPS.

He recent paid for a Barra scope for me with his own money help me buy it from Keahi and they were problems with post office mail and scope was returned to sender. You ask Keahi he is a member and received it returned for no reason. I still owe him the money and in fact he ate10$ extra shipping and told me send the money after I get the scope. He did to help a brother out when I didn't have the money.

I gave a call tell him about this post he say he too busy now for a forum might open on time. He say the pizza guy threatened bodily harm and said Monday was the agreement.

I do not think this thread is warranted.

He say a priority envelope with 900$ inside vanished off tracking and he is careful to wait to mail money until his postal problem is cleared up. That is why he say he waited to mail a money order. He say MP44.has a proof of lost money order tracking to be careful now. He also wait to send money for a new FX Impact he told me untul it is safe. He say read a warning post about USPS.

Thank you, Tronic. I appreciate you being the middle person here. I just have to say I disagree. With it all. The agreement keeps changing when he wont send payment. I dont know... when is the last time you had to following up with someone and their story keeps changing? Weird. Also seems like my experience is not unique. He already told me he mailed the check right after I sent the scope but now he is saying he waited to mail? If so, will I eventually get 2 money orders? Im willing to bet no. I think he can also come on this site and say himself? Michael confirmed he is not banned. 

hmm.1619325257.JPG

He is having issues with the P.O. He sent me a rather large M.O ( he already received my item ) and the tracking shows it was scanned twice, the last time in December, then nothing. He is frustrated with the P.O because they are dragging their feet about refunding the M.O . He says they keep telling him it will arrive eventually. 

It is probably an understatement to say Odoyle/Yo is tighter with a dollar than a pre-Christmas Eve Ebenezer Scrooge, but I do not believe he is an outright crook.

However it turns out the #1 rule when selling is don't send it until you get the money. I just came back last December after dealing with an eye disease for years and things have not changed. The classifieds are great, but I've had this rule for 20 years and I wouldn't change it for anyone. I personally like Odoyle and he has bought in excess of $10K off me, but I never shipped before the money came and I never will. Sorry man. 

Well, I hope you are wrong. I hope you get your money and I hope he likes the scopes. IF you are wrong please find the courage to come back and tell us and if you don't have your money before a month or so has passed revisit this thread and give us an update.

People do we really need another Yo bashing thread?

Seems some might. Hoping is nice, knowing is better. "Envy" or not.

kaylaindy

Accuracy: 

Who sends an item before they get the money? That's just stupid. 

An honest person sending to someone "trusted" might well do so. Some apparently wouldn't.

jasmlowe

Accuracy: 

However it turns out the #1 rule when selling is don't send it until you get the money. I just came back last December after dealing with an eye disease for years and things have not changed. The classifieds are great, but I've had this rule for 20 years and I wouldn't change it for anyone. I personally like Odoyle and he has bought in excess of $10K off me, but I never shipped before the money came and I never will. Sorry man.

Good advice, and I agree. But some were supposed to be "trusted" too. Guess maybe not so much, ASSUMING of course that this one side of a story is accurate. But this is exactly why I won't pay for anything used with F&F through PayPal. In doing that, I'm sending my stuff (cash) with no recourse prior to "receiving an item". Maybe I'm viewing that all cockeyed but it seems like exactly the same thing, a transaction based on TRUST.

I too have sold many expensive things to YoDoyle in the past and in my transactions with him he has always been true to his word. Now I haven't had a transaction with him in a couple of months, but for me based on his past performance he is also on my list of folks who I can send an item to while awaiting his money order to arrive.

I truly do hope (and believe that it will occur) that issues with the USPS are the actual root of the problem with the OP's transaction, and that all will ultimately be rectified.

BTW - although not a transaction with YoDoyle, I have one purchase (now resolved with a credit card chargeback) for an item shipped through USPS which, although they continue to insist is not lost but still on its way (delayed), where the last tracking ping was in New York, and that was on October 14, 2020!

I too have sold many expensive things to YoDoyle in the past and in my transactions with him he has always been true to his word. Now I haven't had a transaction with him in a couple of months, but for me based on his past performance he is also on my list of folks who I can send an item to while awaiting his money order to arrive.

I truly do hope (and believe that it will occur) that issues with the USPS are the actual root of the problem with the OP's transaction, and that all will ultimately be rectified.

BTW - although not a transaction with YoDoyle, I have one purchase (now resolved with a credit card chargeback) for an item shipped through USPS which, although they continue to insist is not lost but still on its way (delayed), where the last tracking ping was in New York, and that was on October 14, 2020!

Didn't OP state that O'Doyle had confirmed receipt of the item by email? I also hope this is just an "honest misunderstanding" and a shipping mixup.

Be warned!! Odoyle is still scamming people out of money.

I listed a scope on AGN on April 8 and he texted me asking to buy. He asked me to bundle another scope and sold for $160 total. 

He claimed he would send me a money order ASAP. If you know Odoyle, this is not uncommon. I did not think anything of it because I had sold him a scope before and had no problems.

This time I never received the money order. Even though he asked that I follow-up with him to confirm the scopes were delivered. He confirmed they were and I have the post office confirmation as well. 

Still no money order to date.... I have followed-up multiple multiple multiple multiple times and every time it's another excuse. He told me USPS was delayed... multiple times... even though I confirmed there was no delay and it does not take this long for REGULAR mail to be delivered. He then claimed he talked to the Post Master general because he suspects someone is stealing his mail....

Then he claimed he would send me a new money order with pic and tracking... then SURPRISE.. he forgot to go to the post office..

NOW... he is claiming he never received the scopes even though I have his text message confirmations that he received them and Post Office receipts they were delivered. 

ODOYLE IS A SCAMMER!!! Deal with him at your own risk.. 

I'll be posting this to GTA as well.... Spread the word. 

PS -- I never knew about his old past on the Yellow. I wish someone would have said someone as I would have never dealt with him had I known he scammed people out of thousands of dollars before. 

I'm posting this here now so nobody else makes the same mistake again... 

If anyone wants to see proof, I have all the text message and receipts.. literally. 

PPS -- for those on the forum, you should know that when I followed up with him to ask why he was late, he uses your names to vouch for himself. JAMESD -- he is particularly fond of using you to back up his bogus claims and proof of his good character. Just thought you should know.

"Mail Fraud" is a federal offense! I'm done here.

He bought a few things from me and last time I sent it before he even sent the money order because I knew he was good for it. I asked him about if he got it and took him a little while to confirm but he did say he got it and sent the money order. The MO took a while but eventually did show up with postage stamp close to when he bought the item so it’s just post office taking their sweet time.

PO, please don’t feel special, post office delays everyone’s mail and Yo is usually is buying multiple of everything so he probably got your scope mixed up with another scope he is buying. He buys more than most of us can even imagine, I have a theory on why he uses MO instead of PayPal but that’s another story and should not be public. 

...and Yo is usually is buying multiple of everything so he probably got your scope mixed up with another scope he is buying. He buys more than most of us can even imagine...

I was actually thinking the same thing. It would be difficult to keep track of what was inbound, what had already been received, etc., at the volume he purchases.

Not an excuse by any means, but maybe a reality nonetheless.

I’ve been reading this forum for 6 months. For the first 5, it was total unison. There’s probably not one member that didn’t follow up on Odoyle’s advice of some kind. I bought a 54 lam. because he told so many guys how accurate it was at 100 yds. I enjoy it so much I want a 56th. Hopefully Pizzaman2976 will get his money. I read over dozen posts how clean Odoyle’s purchases were. This doesn’t make sense. Good luck 

I am amazed how this forum seems to be imploding for the last month. It almost belongs on (Housewives of Airguns). I enjoyed it much more before. Crow 

ps I’m green with this sport and I am very appreciative of the help that I got through the members of this forum. Also totally rattled by the pics. of the guns shown on this forum, had no idea of the expanse.

...and Yo is usually is buying multiple of everything so he probably got your scope mixed up with another scope he is buying. He buys more than most of us can even imagine...

I was actually thinking the same thing. It would be difficult to keep track of what was inbound, what had already been received, etc., at the volume he purchases.

Not an excuse by any means, but maybe a reality nonetheless.

That certainly seems possible. I do hope it works out to be such.