• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Feedback WARNING ABOUT ODOYLE!!! HE is still SCAMMING on AGN!!!

Who sends an item before they get the money? That's just stupid.

Consider this:

Who sends money before getting the item?

What??? Does Amazon send items before you pay them?
You guys really send things out before you get the payment????
Sorry! I would never do that!
Payment must be Received and Cashed prior to the item leaving my hands!
That’s Rule #1 of online sales!

#2 rule is always pay with CC when ever possible!

#3 Never send Western Union or Walmart payment!

#4 Never send Cash!

#5 if you go crazy and agree to take a personal or Business check? Wait until it Actually clears in 7-10 days!

Thrust but Verify! 
‘Good luck! 
‘I hope everything works out for the OP!

Consider this:

#4 Never send Cash!

#5 if you go crazy and agree to take a personal or Business check? Wait until it Actually clears in 7-10 days!

Thrust but Verify! 
‘Good luck! 

you missed the point...

I have shipped items before payment was received. I have shipped cash. Usually for items worth $200 or less, and cash amounts less than $100. Whenever I did, I knew I might not get what I paid for, or might have to send the money again or not get the item and take the loss. In every case, I told myself "if someone needs that small amount of money to have to lie or steal to get it, I want them to have it". I am thankful that I don't have to sell my soul to get the things I need/want.

I have shipped items before payment was received. I have shipped cash. Usually for items worth $200 or less, and cash amounts less than $100. Whenever I did, I knew I might not get what I paid for, or might have to send the money again or not get the item and take the loss. In every case, I told myself "if someone needs that small amount of money to have to lie or steal to get it, I want them to have it". I am thankful that I don't have to sell my soul to get the things I need/want.

Exactly.

Consider this:

#4 Never send Cash!

Thrust but Verify! 
‘Good luck! 

you missed the point...

Yes, he did.

Be warned!! Odoyle is still scamming people out of money.

I listed a scope on AGN on April 8 and he texted me asking to buy. He asked me to bundle another scope and sold for $160 total. 

He claimed he would send me a money order ASAP. If you know Odoyle, this is not uncommon. I did not think anything of it because I had sold him a scope before and had no problems.

This time I never received the money order. Even though he asked that I follow-up with him to confirm the scopes were delivered. He confirmed they were and I have the post office confirmation as well. 

Still no money order to date.... I have followed-up multiple multiple multiple multiple times and every time it's another excuse. He told me USPS was delayed... multiple times... even though I confirmed there was no delay and it does not take this long for REGULAR mail to be delivered. He then claimed he talked to the Post Master general because he suspects someone is stealing his mail....

Then he claimed he would send me a new money order with pic and tracking... then SURPRISE.. he forgot to go to the post office..

NOW... he is claiming he never received the scopes even though I have his text message confirmations that he received them and Post Office receipts they were delivered. 

ODOYLE IS A SCAMMER!!! Deal with him at your own risk.. 

I'll be posting this to GTA as well.... Spread the word. 

PS -- I never knew about his old past on the Yellow. I wish someone would have said someone as I would have never dealt with him had I known he scammed people out of thousands of dollars before. 

I'm posting this here now so nobody else makes the same mistake again... 

If anyone wants to see proof, I have all the text message and receipts.. literally. 

PPS -- for those on the forum, you should know that when I followed up with him to ask why he was late, he uses your names to vouch for himself. JAMESD -- he is particularly fond of using you to back up his bogus claims and proof of his good character. Just thought you should know.

Did he ask you to ship it before the money arrived? 

A trusting person. 
I was in Thailand when the Red Shirt Demonstration was on. In Chaing Mai my wife and I were shopping in overdrive. 165 lb. overweight on plane home($900. penalty). There was an item we wanted ($1000.) didn’t have access to funds already maxed out. The guy trusted us, we took the item and paid when we got back to Canada. Never ever knew him. Swear! Crow 

What does him shipping the item before receiving cash have to do with odoyle scamming?? Doesnt matter who sends what first, an honest deal is a buyer getting the item and the seller getting paid. Once one fails to uphold their end of the bargain, its a scam. So if odoyle sent moneyorder first, and then he posted here saying that the scopes were never shipped would you guys be on here telling him that he shouldnt have sent the money until he got the scopes?? 

Whoever doesnt uphold their end of the bargain is a scammer, liar, thief, and rotten individual. Its really that simple. 

We will probably never hear odoyles side of this, appears he is not coming back here again... I think bobby sue took the money and run 

Reactions: Rodeo

relax ,why would you go out of your way to call him stupid ,no need for that ,

So true. "just stupid" is one opinion, just based on one person's views. I could say that the person that made that post was "just stupid" to do so. Is that valid? Is it maybe smart not to ship before receiving payment? Maybe. Even probably. But crowski's post clearly illustrates the other side of the coin. Honest is honest, trustworthy is trustworthy. But a shipping issue is another matter entirely. Probably will not see definitive conclusion to this here OTHER THAN that provided by OP but it seems he has email confirmation of receipt of the item shipped.

Never ever send products before you are paid. This is a well tested business practice going back through 2000 years of recorded history. The other way around has never worked beyond pure luck.

Never take a Money Order. Everyone wants to send MO's signature required which means working people have to drive to the post office. We won't even go into the rediculous crap you put up with walking into a Post Office. Then you have to drive somewhere else to cash or deposit the stupid thing. That same bozo who will run all over town for a Money Order will chage you 3% on PayPal... lol

Don't send anything of value through USPS. This is a federal courtesy and facility not a business. USPS does not have near the same level of accountability or need for success as a private company. 

For private party transaction No PayPal No Deal. This is not the 1990's. 

There are trustworthy people out there as well. I was sent an expensive gun before payment was sent. The seller wouldn't do PayPal, so I mailed him a cashier's check, but he had already shipped the gun in trust. I did send him a picture of the check though. I could've not sent the check, but would have had to answer to a higher power, plus lose reputation on the forums. Not that I standout, but still. We didn't know each other. I just had to trust the shipping label I was sent and he had to trust me. Everything worked out for both parties without issues. I don't plan on buying or selling anything else without PayPal anymore though, except for a few exceptions I know I can trust. I'll just have to cancel on anything else other than those. I'll pay the fee if buying depending on the cost, or may gamble without on small items. Most people are honest, it's those few that mess things up for all.

I can't believe it's Yo we are talking about. It does seem he has a lot of names, which is always suspicious to me if I know about it. I hope this is just a USPS issue and all gets cleared up very soon. There are other ways to send money to someone outside of the mail. I would pay a sending fee if it were me in the hot seat just to clear my name on the matter.

Everyone has an axe to grind these days. Why air it in public, at the risk of harming someone's reputation before it has FINISHED PLAYING OUT? Had that done to me here on AGN, along with a physical threat but, luckily, guys who know me were quick to come to my defense (guy posted negative crap about something I sold BEFORE he even contacted me to let me know there was even a problem). It seems the MAJORITY of people have good dealings with Odoyle. I personally don't believe he'd intentionally screw his own rep over $160, ESPECIALLY with a new forum coming out. Doesn't make sense to me. 

Everyone has an axe to grind these days. Why air it in public, at the risk of harming someone's reputation before it has FINISHED PLAYING OUT? Had that done to me here on AGN, along with a physical threat but, luckily, guys who know me were quick to come to my defense (guy posted negative crap about something I sold BEFORE he even contacted me to let me know there was even a problem). It seems the MAJORITY of people have good dealings with Odoyle. I personally don't believe he'd intentionally screw his own rep over $160, ESPECIALLY with a new forum coming out. Doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks, Gerry. This finished "playing out" for me the moment he lied to me about receiving the scopes. Which he confirmed he received and then never said anything again about not receiving the scopes until yesterday. 

I completely understand USPS delays and would be happy to wait for a money order if I really believed it was in the mail. But I'm not going to extend that courtesy to someone who lies to my face. I'm not sure how long I'm supposed to sit on my hands after that before it's been an appropriately long time for it to "play out." Why do I have to continue to wait when this guys lying to my face? 

Yes, the MAJORITY of people have had good dealings with Odoyle. As I mentioned, I have dealt with him before as well just fine. Why does he lie over $160? You're right, doesn't make sense for such a small amount of money. 

So the individual we are talking about .... Does he have a REAL WORLD name you can share with the rest of us ?

I know people have shared what they think of his name on here and GTA. Sorry, but as mad as I am at him, I'm not going to disclose any private info I got from him in case it's real. I don't want to be responsible for putting that online.

So the individual we are talking about .... Does he have a REAL WORLD name you can share with the rest of us ?

I know people have shared what they think of his name on here and GTA. Sorry, but as mad as I am at him, I'm not going to disclose any private info I got from him in case it's real. I don't want to be responsible for putting that online.

Agreed. Probably would not actually help anyone and might cause undue harm.

Consider this:

Literally anyone who buys anything online. Um that’s how life works. You pay for item first. Then you get item. Is what it is. Not sure where you were brought up but literally everywhere else works the way I described.