• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Warning about Chinese compressor parts.

Happy holidays All.
i know some of you are getting compressors for Christmas. Here is what happened to me last week with one of these cheapo compressors from China. In the parts kit that comes with them you get a small inline filter/dryer, which has been installed on my compressor since I have had and now only use it as a backup. It does not get used much as I have purchased an Air Venturi compressor. Last week while I was waiting for the return of my Ari Venturi, I needed an air charge so it was hooked direct to my Benjamin 90 ci pony tank and as the pressure neared 3500 psi, the compressor and tank was on the bench, the hose blow out of the aluminum inline filter and hit me in the left side of my stomach. The threads where pulled out by the pressure, and the threaded end waked me with the wire wound end, I'm luck that the filter did not shoot out at me it could have been really bad. So take the proper safety precautions. From now on I'll be using a better quality filter and it will be mounted in a safe direction so any blow outs will go in a safe direction.
Merry Chrismas All
CH

3df94c13041dbb52d15a7f89478c8a8c.jpg

I think we sometimes forget about the explosive power we deal with in PCP world on a daily basis. When I fill tanks it's me in the house and compressor is in a finished basement or garage. Having a bottle explode or compressor blowup is not something you want to be around. Also just think about that high pressure gun you are holding next to your brain bucket. Imagine a cyclinder you have your support hand wrapped around coming apart with 250bar behind it. Something to ponder as guns get older. Glad you weren't hurt worse HighAltAir. 

Yea it is something to think about for sure. I was just keeping an eye on the charge, because the compressor does not have an auto shut off. Both my tanks are Carbon Fiber and when they go, it just rips open like cloth, they don't exspolde besides the burst disk will go long before the tank rips open. The threads must have been defective, because they just ripped out. Bad thing is the these Chinese stuff don't really have a QC law so you have to hope they are of good quality. It looked like the threads were 1/8" NPT instead of reg 1/8" BSP that the foster fittings are.
this liter was screwed into the blow down block, and hose was screwed in to the top. You can see that the little filter element is empty because all the fuzzy stuff came out through the tiny hole in the top when the hose went flying. It hurt like all get out at first but just a large bruise now, no real damage, maybe my pride a little. I just ordered a much better filter before before I use it again. The filter cost more than the compressor,LOL
Merry Christmas
CH

4b1b1902d01737c70c22e67a04bbfc29.jpg

Yeah the dangers of handling the equipment we use in this hobby....all components: Airguns, tanks, fittings, air tubes on Airguns, breach ect, they all concern me as I have very limited knowledge of HPA! I have 3 Airguns......1 made in Russia, 1 made in Ukraine, 1 made in USA. I'm not familiar with safety standards and specs of the 2 foreign AGs. Don't even know what minimum safety standards are. Any suggestions from members where safety standards could be researched, where we could get better knowledge to be more confident in what we are playing with?

Beach-gunner

"Centercut"Yes, like Thurmond requested, please provide photos. Also, what was inside your small filter, and how long was it in there?
Just posted a picture, the filter was new I just put a new one in ever charge. It is the ones tha came with the filter housing in spare parts kit. They look like a large cigarette filter kind of. The element was not the problem, the hose ripped out the threads exit side of the filter. I had looked at the pressure gauge on the block the filter was screwed into, like seconds before it blew. It read a little less than 3500 psi.. Like I said, I think the threads where defective. I'll be more observant next time.
Merry Christmas
CH

My experience with chinese anything. They find out how thin, weak, small(er) cheaper it can be made and produce them as fast as possible. I have had chinese bolts that will not thread into the appropriate chinese nut. they do not scrap out of tolerance parts. This is based on my experience with chinese electronic, metal and plastic parts and whole creations. never trust any of these items near the limits they are " rated " for if you like your body parts.

"huntjunky"Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I haven't seen anything like that, since I got rid of an EX girl friend that contracted herpes. I own a Yong Heng (cheap Chinese compressor) but do not recognize the component pictured...would you mind expounding, with some detail, as to brand or make of compressor? Thanks for sharing.
It does not matter what name is painted on the sides of the compressor. They are built in the same factory and sold by the Chinese army through distributors. There is no competition between these compressors they are all the same. They most all come with a little air filter either attached to the drain block or inline with the hose this one was screwed into the drain block with the hose screwed into the round top with a small fiber filter element inside. The hose striped out the threads and hit me in my left side as I was checking the presure. You put these in a cage, box or steel safe, but at some point you have handle them with out protection as I was doing next to it.
I don't have to worry about herpes, I been married to the same wounderfull women for 46 years. LOL
Merry Christmas All.
CH

"HighAltAir"
"huntjunky"Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I haven't seen anything like that, since I got rid of an EX girl friend that contracted herpes. I own a Yong Heng (cheap Chinese compressor) but do not recognize the component pictured...would you mind expounding, with some detail, as to brand or make of compressor? Thanks for sharing.
It does not matter what name is painted on the sides of the compressor. They are built in the same factory and sold by the Chinese army through distributors. There is no competition between these compressors they are all the same. They most all come with a little air filter either attached to the drain block or inline with the hose this one was screwed into the drain block with the hose screwed into the round top with a small fiber filter element inside. The hose striped out the threads and hit me in my left side as I was checking the presure. You put these in a cage, box or steel safe, but at some point you have handle them with out protection as I was doing next to it.
I don't have to worry about herpes, I been married to the same wounderfull women for 46 years. LOL
Merry Christmas All.
CH

Hey CH, thanks for your input...I cannot confirm that all these are made by the "Chinese Army???" but it does matter what name is on the side along with generation and model. That is why I inquired, with respect to providing something informative. I know there are 3 different designs and different retail brands along with 4-6 models of each. Just wondered what one your claim is against. It's kind of like saying, "I've got a pickup truck that the rear end went out on...don't buy a pickup truck."