WAR FLEX vs FX Impact (25 cal)

FUN SHOOT ( edited on 26 Dec 16...... This is not a scientific test this is only a FUN SHOOT to see which gun I take on my trip)

--------------------------------------- WAR FLEX 25 cal vs FX Impact 25 cal ----------------------------------------

Rest: Bipod / shoulder
Sitting positions: butt
Scope:
Flex - Athalon Argos BTR
Impact - Vortex Razor HD gen II

Winds: SSW 18mph
Target: NNE

FLEX 5 GROUP SHOT

IMPACT 5 GROUP SHOT

FLEX 4 GROUP SHOT

IMPACT 4 GROUP SHOT

-
-
-
-
-
-
TODAYS "WEINER!!!!" IS..... DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....
-
-
-

WAR FLEX 

It's hard to tell much from groups like that. We've seen better from both guns so the difference could be in the technique.

Please don't take that as a dig at anyone's shooting skills btw. My point is only that the Impact is a lighter rifle and my experience has been that lighter guns require more practice to learn how to shoot them well. The stability provided by heavier guns makes them easier to hold still when shooting from a bipod or rest.

Also, based on what I've read here, the Impact might require a little more time devoted to finding the right pellet / speed / regulator setting combo. There is a lot to adjust but people that know what they are doing and who are prepared to put in the time seem to have been handsomely rewarded in the accuracy department. 

At one point I was seriously trying to decide between these two guns and I was sure I was going to buy one of them. After spending more time than I should have researching it, I couldn't find any clear water to separate them. Accuracy, build quality, customer service was a about the same (give or take). I decided to give them both a miss for now. It was speaking to a bunch of owners of each that put me off. 

I'll probably revisit the Impact again soon. I have seen that people have started to discount them in the classifieds and there have been a number that have remained unsold for a while which suggests there will be some good deals coming up. Can't see myself spend $1900 on either of them but $1,500 might rekindle my interest until the Mutant 25 arrives.

SocialTail -
They are to different animals when it comes to rifles by all means. Though the big difference is the IIMPACT has lot more parts to tinker with for fine tuning but that comes with a price with more things to repair. The FLEX is just bigger/heavier duty built rifle and much simpler to work on.

edit--- oh sound noise my Flex is much more quieter than the Impact (both shooting around 900 fps)

Zebra - 
Yes I know there are much better groups out there and big names like TED showing the possibilities of the Impact alone. No my butt not hurting from your comment as the begging of the post indicates is was a "Fun Shoot" not a bench with sand bags on a calm day to see if one can place pellets in the same hole which is what 99-90% of what every one does show off there rifles and/or their on marksmen skills. LOL

"WEINER" aka winner that day happen to be they FLEX ( which means for me thats the one I will take on my trip )

and yes the MUTANT is a great rifle and worthy to wait for.

Reactions: AceOfSpades
Well it's official I've finally got around to getting the FX Impact in 25 cal. AOA has called me on three separate shipments asking if I was ready to buy, so I guess supply has finally caught up with demand. It should arrive the first week of the new year, good way to start a year off (new gun). Can't seem to bring myself in getting a 30 cal yet, ammo is too much and air goes to fast. Still looking for a good back stop now that I have a range that goes out to 95 yards. I've been using bales of straw but at 50 yards I'm going threw the first bale, I've got them three deep right now. Suggestion are welcome. Was going to top it off with the Edgun 12x44, but Keysore doesn't have any so think I will just move my MTC viper off the Cricket, that or move the SWFA, like them both (decisions decisions).

Ronin001- would you consider the .25 Flex to be "backyard friendly" as far as noise goes?

Ginuwine1969- depending on what your budget is, a piece of steel plate in back of your hay bail will last a lifetime of Airgun use. You can buy a piece of AR400 1/4" plate, 24"x24" for around $190. You could probably find a piece for cheaper from your local sheet metal supply and their remnants pile 

I have a Flex and a Warp and MANY other air rifles and my Flex will out shoot them all any day and ive been saying this for a while but I think as the numbers of WARS products get out there more will believe. And being and old timer its sure nice to see a USA made gun in the mix with those fine european and british guns. Wont sell my WAR guns no way no how!

"zebra"It's hard to tell much from groups like that. We've seen better from both guns so the difference could be in the technique.

Please don't take that as a dig at anyone's shooting skills btw. My point is only that the Impact is a lighter rifle and my experience has been that lighter guns require more practice to learn how to shoot them well. The stability provided by heavier guns makes them easier to hold still when shooting from a bipod or rest.

Also, based on what I've read here, the Impact might require a little more time devoted to finding the right pellet / speed / regulator setting combo. There is a lot to adjust but people that know what they are doing and who are prepared to put in the time seem to have been handsomely rewarded in the accuracy department. 

At one point I was seriously trying to decide between these two guns and I was sure I was going to buy one of them. After spending more time than I should have researching it, I couldn't find any clear water to separate them. Accuracy, build quality, customer service was a about the same (give or take). I decided to give them both a miss for now. It was speaking to a bunch of owners of each that put me off. 

I'll probably revisit the Impact again soon. I have seen that people have started to discount them in the classifieds and there have been a number that have remained unsold for a while which suggests there will be some good deals coming up. Can't see myself spend $1900 on either of them but $1,500 might rekindle my interest until the Mutant 25 arrives.
Did you read that was in 18mph winds!!! I doubt many people could beat those groups.Thats fine shooting with both guns and they both look like they shot well in those conditions.

Ginuwine.I use an old water pump pressure tank. Find your local pump and water well driller. Chances are they will give you one for free. They come in all sizes up to about 5 ft tall. Get a metal one. Cut a window out and Then bolt the piece you cut out as a dubbler in the back of the tank where the pellets will be hitting. I use a piece of foam insulation over the hole in front to put my targets on, but you can use wood or cardboard. Easy and cheap. Nice thing is that all your led ends up in the bottom of the tank and you can just pick it up. I have a 5 gallon plastic bucket full of recovered pellets. No one moves the bucket! Good luck

Reactions: Michael
"SocalTrail"Ronin001- would you consider the .25 Flex to be "backyard friendly" as far as noise goes?

Ginuwine1969- depending on what your budget is, a piece of steel plate in back of your hay bail will last a lifetime of Airgun use. You can buy a piece of AR400 1/4" plate, 24"x24" for around $190. You could probably find a piece for cheaper from your local sheet metal supply and their remnants pile
honestly thats not an easy question to answer. I guess it depends on how big your back yard (I have a fairly large yard) but in the end the Impact is not my quietest 25cal rifle I own but also not the loudest (Evanix MAX 25 was my loudest to date) ...my personal FLEX 25 quieter 

Ok here are the requirements for the back stop, two feet tall three feet wide so that rules out the rubber mulch. The sheet metal is a good idea just can't seem to find it, i live up in the high desert. Plus it's expensive I have three targets set up 50, 75, and 95 yards so don't want to spend 600 bucks for a back stops. The straw cost 10 bucks each 90 bucks total but its Breaking down. Was thinking about rubber floor for like home gyms on Amazon.

"TimTebow"
"zebra"It's hard to tell much from groups like that. We've seen better from both guns so the difference could be in the technique.

Did you read that was in 18mph winds!!! I doubt many people could beat those groups.Thats fine shooting with both guns and they both look like they shot well in those conditions.

No I read everything else and selectively missed that one bit.... of course I read it. The conditions would be the same for both guns but a lighter guns can take more practice to shoot.

Didn't you read where I specifically said "don't take this as a dig against anyone's shooting skills"....

Hi

Interesting stuff. Did I miss something, what were the pellets used?

In fairness to both guns any test comparison between different guns should eliminate main variables.
The biggest being the lottery of the pellets. If different makes used , to suit each gun then , pellets shoud be washed and rinsed to remove swarf maching matter and examined for imperfections.
Then test would have relevance.

Safe shooting