Tuning WAR flex hammer assembly. .22cal

55CC7751-67FF-4202-8CE8-D5914AF903E8.1648520894.jpeg
Obviously an older pcp design. But I’m enjoying it none the less.

just got this gun, reg was busted, redressing the delrin seat on lathe and replacing oring seems to have revolved that issue. 
Proceeded to tune the reg to 1000psi and adjusted the hS for 18g jsb

really nice shooting gun, TJ barrel, cobra reg, cothran valve. 
roughly 100 pellets later, the cocking handle seems to be disconnected from the hammer. 

I pulled it apart to find a bolt had come lose from the hammer. Also found a small donut shaped brass part inside the HS chamber 
I’m assuming the brass donut goes on the bolt to keep the hammer aligned? 
can anybody confirm this?

Secondly, I find the gun overly hard to cock, almost sticky. 
I did a light oil lube on the hammer and cocking piston while I have it apart. Or does the cocking handle want more of a moly grease? 

tell me your tidbits on tuning the war flex 

Yes that is correct. It is the cocking pin

I would suggest polishing the hammer a bit but stay away from the front tapered edge that the sear catches. I use a very light application with a lube that has anti seize properties. Again apply carefully.

I still own one in .25 with a Cothran valve and 24" barrel.

I started with the regulator at 1000 psi and went up until went slightly over my desired fps. You will have to increase the hammer spring preload as the pressure rises. Just enough to open the valve consistently is whats needed. I adjusted the hammer spring preload so I had enough tension to open the valve.

I have found that, on my Crosman guns which look similar in design, the front top and rear bottom of the hammer eventually wear on the tube. This makes cocking the gun, feel sticky and a bit more difficult. Polishing the hammer and the tube, in these areas, will help some. I expect the lube mentioned will help for a bit also. Replacing the hammer often helps for a while but the tube will need replaced shortly after to remedy the problem permanently.