WAR Flex and Warp opinions

zebra

Sep 29, 2015
New York
I have been thinking about buying a Warp recently and I would like to hear some unbiased opinions from people who own either the Warp or the Flex on how they are (good and bad). 

I have seen a few reviews on other forums but in some cases the people seemed to be friends with the owner or at least know him well enough to be one of the early testers etc. I'm not saying any reviews are not accurate but I would also like to hear from people who don't have any personal relationship as this would be a fairly major purchase for me - especially by the time I added the reg upgrade, the cf bottle and longer barrel.

Most of what I have heard has been good (hence my interest) but nothing is all roses. So... how are WAR air guns? Did they delight or disappoint? How was the fit and finish - was it consistent with the high price tag? How do they compare with other mid to high price air guns you own? have they become your "go-to gun" or do you still prefer something else? How was the noise in the 25 cal? Would you buy one again? etc...

My intention would be to buy the Warp but with a Flex length barrel to use it as a lighter rifle instead of a pistol. If anyone has one, I would love to see a pic of it out of the stock / chassis so I could asses how easy it would be to make a bullpup of it. 

"TimTebow"I think most people would give you and unbiased opinion if you PM them but WAR doesnt have much traction over here since WAR isnt allowed to post here,.Id suggest you PM owners on AGG and GTA.
I'm not looking for an opinion from WAR. I assume they think their own product is great. People tend to feel awkward talking about a product when the manufacturer is posting on the forum which is why I'm not asking on GTA.

I specifically wanted opinions from people here. It's a trust thing. People here seem to own more mid to high-end air guns so opinions would mean more to me. 

I assume there is no rule about asking about WAR products here?

No to my knowledge there isn't a rule about WAR on AGN, but plain and simple their aren't many that own them here
and on top of that many that do are on both GTA and AGN... If you are worried about the posting on open forum thing
do as suggested and PM them, many will give a more detailed response to someone who is interested enough to PM them.
(I've found the above to be true, plus they have had longer to get over the new-gun excitement so they may have a little more incite than
when they first got it.)

I do think you might has misjudged GTA a bit but I guess it depends on how you look at it.
(though I will agree there are one or two who's reviews I would take with a grain of salt many have posted their results
and they are impressive to say the least.)

I personally have MANY air rifles and now own a WARP ,22 thats regulated and its my go to gun now. Im pushing it in the upper 60s and find this light weight hunter perfect for me. But Im biased also as I consider Travis a good friend now as will anyone who deals with him hes dam honest and always answers my calls. Cant beat a USA made gun with owners who you can actually call.

"TimTebow"I personally have MANY air rifles and now own a WARP ,22 thats regulated and its my go to gun now. Im pushing it in the upper 60s and find this light weight hunter perfect for me. But Im biased also as I consider Travis a good friend now as will anyone who deals with him hes dam honest and always answers my calls. Cant beat a USA made gun with owners who you can actually call.
Now we're talking! This is what I was after.

How is the noise level at that power and how many shots do you get per fill. How much extra was the reg? I read it was $150. 

It's somewhere between funny and confusing to me with this topic. Everyone with anything bad to say PM'd me instead of posting here. You'd think WAR was the Mafia or something. Everyone is worried they'll be sleeping with the fish. 

Reg was free as I understand all the small bores come with one just not the .30 As far as noise its silly quiet and shot count I still dont know Im still waiting for the reg gauge to drop below set pressure. I dont do the crono strings like most I just whack pests off the porch and it does off hand better than all my other guns so there ya go.Im not the guy to ask about tec stuff sorry. I cant imagine anyone having anything bad to say about Jim or Travis there stand up guys with fantastic products. Id suggest you simply call them or find someone near you who has one to shoot.

"TimTebow"Reg was free as I understand all the small bores come with one just not the .30 As far as noise its silly quiet and shot count I still dont know Im still waiting for the reg gauge to drop below set pressure. I dont do the crono strings like most I just whack pests off the porch and it does off hand better than all my other guns so there ya go.Im not the guy to ask about tec stuff sorry. I cant imagine anyone having anything bad to say about Jim or Travis there stand up guys with fantastic products. Id suggest you simply call them or find someone near you who has one to shoot.
Nobody had anything bad to say about the owners and, so far, nobody has said anything particularly bad about the guns. Just little stuff like issues that are being addressed. Nobody has been left with a lemon or anything like that. 

It's building up my confidence levels to buy. 

I own a WAR 30 cal unregulated Flex .Rifle is well constructed with with everything fitting nice and neat .I get 21 shots on a fill The first 14 shots are averaging 900 fps &/- a couple fps .The last shots are averaging 880-875 fps .I refill about 180 bar .I Am sure I could get 14 more shots in the 850 fps range and shoot down to 150 bar .Flex is very accurate one holing at a fifty yards .It is very capable of moa at a hundred yards in the right conditions .The only problem with the rifle occurred during sight in .I was all over the place and noticed the probe was loose and tightened it up and had no further problems .The only thing I did not like was the butt stock.It was very uncomfortable on My shoulder and rattled .Replaced It with a BCM which met My needs .I Am sure that the fps reduced to 850 would produce fifty shots shooting down to 150 bar .Above info is with Jsb 44 grain pellets .Overall very satisfied with the rifle. stan

I have and shoot a regged Flex .22. With my own CF sleeved barrel put on it by Jim. It's extremely accurate, probably the most accurate gun I've shot. The hammer/valve is very efficient and I get the same ES as Berky above, around 5-7fps. My 18gr JSB goes out the barrel at just over 900fps. I used it at the EBR extreme 75/100, qualified with 206/226 at the two 75 cards, and ended up with 187 - 4X at 100m.
Built like a tank, and on the principle of keeping things simple, and not overly complicated, so performance is repeatable. During the 3 day EBR event, I didn't do anything to it, just put it on the bench, and put it back in the case. Lot of good choices out there these days, and this is up there among the best.

Couple o pix
Message_1475946750831.jpg

100m group.

target_image.jpg

"Windmeister"I have and shoot a regged Flex .22. With my own CF sleeved barrel put on it by Jim. It's extremely accurate, probably the most accurate gun I've shot. The hammer/valve is very efficient and I get the same ES as Berky above, around 5-7fps. My 18gr JSB goes out the barrel at just over 900fps. I used it at the EBR extreme 75/100, qualified with 206/226 at the two 75 cards, and ended up with 187 - 4X at 100m.
Built like a tank, and on the principle of keeping things simple, and not overly complicated, so performance is repeatable. During the 3 day EBR event, I didn't do anything to it, just put it on the bench, and put it back in the case. Lot of good choices out there these days, and this is up there among the best.

Couple o pix
Message_1475946750831.jpg

100m group.

target_image.jpg

That's nice looking stock. That's the great thing about being able to use AR furniture. You can use something adjustable and heavy for target shooting from a bench and then switch it out for something light when you go hunting. 

I like that the main chassis is metal instead of wood or plastic. The top long range (powder burner) shooters in America all use stocks made from either composites like fiberglass and carbon fiber or aluminum chassis systems, so it's good to see some metal options being made for regular air rifles. They used to only be available on top dollar .177 target guns from brands like Steyr and the one I can't spell without looking it up. 

I have one in the rare desert tan. There were a couple of things that really drew me to this gun and that is the power achieved on a 3000 psi fill, the simplicity and the fact that all o-ring and hardware are easy to obtained. Yes, she's accurate and shooting 44gr at about 890-900 at close
to 3 mags. I plan on trying a .22 or .25 barrel but haven't decided yet on seeing some these .22 34gr beast in action I have or slinging the .25 heavies at 950. 
20160728_184029_zps62ls613y.jpg

20160728_184138_zpsfesktsnw.jpg