• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Wanting to try a nicer air rifle in PCP. Received new Kratos

i never ask ? what is your definition of accurate ? a dime @ 50 yd's , an inch ? a quarter ?
1/2 MOA as far as it can carry it on a still enough day. I have had 2 pcps that have done better, but
Chief for the absolute best/consistent accuracy in your price range go for a pre-owned Air Arms S500/400, a BSA R10 or a Daystate Huntsman. You won't be sorry.

View attachment 394815

View attachment 394816

View attachment 394817
Yep my S510 was my most accurate pellet shooting pcp i have owned. Right next to my Katran with slugs .5 MOA at 100yds. Thank goodness i have another S510 on the way. 😁

I love my Cayden but it's long and heavy. I suspect the Kratos is the same. These Turkish .22 barrels really seem to like NSA 17.5s in the .2175 size. I'd start with them if I wanted to shoot slugs.
I have had great results using the NSA 17.5 gr .2175 diameter slugs and pellets in 15.89 -18 gr. The Crosman cphp 14.3 gr shoot good too! I do alot of shooting off of a Primos trigger stick and find it to be great for my needs.

Reactions: brokeasajoke
Kratos .22 was my first PCP. I love the trigger and has a smooth lever action. I took off the long shroud and the barrel is already 1/2 x20 threaded and added a sumo and quite and accurate for me as I don’t shoot much past 50 yards. I found it doesn’t like the slugs I have tried though. But again I’m not much a slug fan and also like it’s not regulated.

Reactions: brokeasajoke
What scope is on there? Just ordered a Kratos from and I'm looking for a scope
I’ve had a dozen different scopes on the Kratos. My absolute favorite is the Hawke 6.5-20x42. It’s not super cheap but it’s not super expensive either and the Kratos certainly is accurate enough to warrant spending money on a good scope.

Reactions: SDALEX
@SDALEX

Ditto on the Hawke 6.5-20x42

And for a less expensive scope that my friend and I have had real good luck with, take a look at the AIM Sports Alpha 6 4.5-27X50
AIM Sports Alpha 6 4.5-27X50

We've got three of them between us, and they have held up very well and we are still using them. Accurate turrets and great glass (far better than its price would suggest). Here is a review on the AIM Sports Alpha 6 by MountainSport Airguns...

AimSports Alpha6 Scope Long Term Review

Went with the Sniper VT4-16X44MFFP, talked with a few manuf. and they mostly suggested the 4-16 for the 10-100yds I was looking to shoot at, mostly 10-50yds will be 99% of my shooting. I will give it a try and see if I like it, anything will be better than the Simmons $30 amazon scopes I have right now.

Once again AGN has given me plenty of info! Really liking this forum so far, THANKS to everyone!

I'm pretty set on an Athlon for what ever I decide to get. I'm going to order a PCP in the next couple weeks. Probably be a Kratos.
Call Rich @ Airgun Revisions you wont beat his base price for the rifle and his service fees are very good, he's retired so it's not like he has any employees or overhead to pay for. Takes 2-3 days before he ships, but he fully checks and tests the gun. adjusts the trigger and installs anything extra like hammer springs and etc. for $40. Got mine out the door with a few extras for less than most stores just for the rifle.

Last edited:
Call Rich @ Airgun Revisions you wont beat his base price for the rifle and his service fees are very good, he's retired so it's not like he has any employees or overhead to pay for. Takes 2-3 days before he ships, but he fully checks and tests the gun. adjusts the trigger and installs anything extra like hammer springs and etc. for $40. Got mine out the door for with a few extras for less than most stores just for the rifle.
Yeah emailed him yesterday and going to try and call him today if I can get a chance. May do it on my lunch break.

Call Rich @ Airgun Revisions you wont beat his base price for the rifle and his service fees are very good, he's retired so it's not like he has any employees or overhead to pay for. Takes 2-3 days before he ships, but he fully checks and tests the gun. adjusts the trigger and installs anything extra like hammer springs and etc. for $40. Got mine out the door with a few extras for less than most stores just for the rifle.
Gave him a call. Real nice talking with him. Thanks Rich He has me pondering getting a .25 instead of a .22. Decisions decisions.