• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Wanting to try a nicer air rifle in PCP. Received new Kratos

.22 or .25 and why. No other shooting threads have said why except.25 at 100 for energy.
don't let the guys here talk you into thinking you "have to" have this or that . Stick to what will be good for you and your situation .

OK
#1 you said like to punch accurate small holes = .177 is great for this .
#2 you have 27 yards .... is this year 'round?
#3 you have air source
#4 this range and power needed is no place for slugs .
#5 you can shoot 22lr so you do not need high power or slugs for pests .
add your thoughts to this list

OK
#1 you said like to punch accurate small holes = .177 is great for this .
#2 you have 27 yards .... is this year 'round?
#3 you have air source
#4 this range and power needed is no place for slugs .
#5 you can shoot 22lr so you do not need high power or slugs for pests .
add your thoughts to this list
I can shoot 150yds or more if I want. I have access to a private range less than a mile from me I can go almost 1000yds. My current Gamo springer is a .22. The only thing about slugs is Airgun revisions certifies one to shoot both accurately not that I'm intending to shoot slugs but I guess that particular gun has been tested to shoot accurately.

I was all 22 and 25 for a couple years. I recently went back to 177. I’ll be testing out all these projectiles with my Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari. When going with 177 the slugs aren’t any more expensive than pellets. The rifle is tuned for 10.3gr JSB, but we will see what it can do.

IMG_9787.png

IMG_9788.png

IMG_9786.png

IMG_9780.jpeg

Last edited:
That's just it. I'm not 100% on what would best fit my situation.
Then go slow, you’re already a shooter. Decide how you practically envision using your new addition/addiction and go from there. There are lots of sweet PCPs out there. Bide your time, yours will present itself and you’ll know…

I can shoot 150yds or more if I want. I have access to a private range less than a mile from me I can go almost 1000yds. My current Gamo springer is a .22. The only thing about slugs is Airgun revisions certifies one to shoot both accurately not that I'm intending to shoot slugs but I guess that particular gun has been tested to shoot accurately.
i never ask ? what is your definition of accurate ? a dime @ 50 yd's , an inch ? a quarter ?

If you were willing to blow your budget out of the water just a teeny tiny bit I’d suggest an AGT. The build quality is incredibly solid and the accuracy is outstanding. If you went that direction you’d never look back I dont think. You could research the Vixen and the Uragan for some ideas as to what they bring to the table.

Reactions: brokeasajoke
Very first post here so please bear with me. I am not new to air guns but will be new to an accurate PCP rifle. I love accuracy and I am all about small groups and could care less about power as I have a safe full of rifles for various applications. I strive for small groups reloading for my rifles and trying various components. I am also a bullet caster for my pistols. I love to open the basement door lying prone and plink around at what ever I find. I have a metal swinging target 27yds from my basement door across the creek that sees regular 22lr use. The Gamo spring gun just doesn't cut it. I have been looking at the Kratos very hard as a wood stock is much preferred for me. Airgun revisions sells Benjamin certified slug shooters for just a few bucks more at around $600. I'm not after any bullpup rifles but I might. Pryamyd has 20% off Crossman as well right now. So, wood stock, rifle length, pretty accurate, and decent quality is what I'm after. Honestly the $500-700 range is where I'm at as after a decent scope, rings, bipod and what ever else I'll be a grand or more. I am a Chief at the local fire department so I have full access to the 6000psi air system and probably have some out of date Scott tanks laying around somewhere. I have heard of people putting sweet syrup on targets and busting bees. Sounds like fun.

Thanks guys.
Chief for the absolute best/consistent accuracy in your price range go for a pre-owned Air Arms S500/400, a BSA R10 or a Daystate Huntsman. You won't be sorry.

AAS510 Carbine.jpg

BSA R10b.jpg

Huntsman Astile.jpg

In my experience it’s overwhelmingly true and I’m frankly amazed that you have not just one but multiple airguns that shoot slugs better than the optimal pellet for those guns. Way to go man! You should make some videos and show those things off!!
I could understand someone getting better groups with slugs out of … say a Fx barrel that’s optimized for a slug but never out of a sub $1000 airgun purposely built for pellets as we were discussing in this thread.
I have personal experience with a Gamo Urban, Benjamin Cayden, Walther Reign UXT, and 7 different SPA guns from .177 to .25 that all shot one or more different slugs like they were made for them. I don't make videos but all if this is documented on GTA and some of it here.

Another rifle that is in the craftsman line from Benjamin is the .22 Cayden. it's A classic sporter style rifle, adjustable cheek piece, with a side cocking lever, good shot count, adjustable power, and its accurate. Doesn't have a regulator so that might be a bummer for some. The valve is very efficient threw the shoot curve, so it really doesn't need one, and no leaks or reg creep problems. The regulator would give more shots but also more potential issues. It is on the heavy side, is does have a bark without a moderator, the bottom pic rail is held by one bolt rather than two, the cocking lever is not swappable to the left side.

Another rifle that is in the craftsman line from Benjamin is the .22 Cayden. it's A classic sporter style rifle, adjustable cheek piece, with a side cocking lever, good shot count, adjustable power, and its accurate. Doesn't have a regulator so that might be a bummer for some. The valve is very efficient threw the shoot curve, so it really doesn't need one, and no leaks or reg creep problems. The regulator would give more shots but also more potential issues. It is on the heavy side, is does have a bark without a moderator, the bottom pic rail is held by one bolt rather than two, the cocking lever is not swappable to the left side.
20220718_074303.jpg

Here is my current setup.