• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Wanting to try a nicer air rifle in PCP. Received new Kratos

Very first post here so please bear with me. I am not new to air guns but will be new to an accurate PCP rifle. I love accuracy and I am all about small groups and could care less about power as I have a safe full of rifles for various applications. I strive for small groups reloading for my rifles and trying various components. I am also a bullet caster for my pistols. I love to open the basement door lying prone and plink around at what ever I find. I have a metal swinging target 27yds from my basement door across the creek that sees regular 22lr use. The Gamo spring gun just doesn't cut it. I have been looking at the Kratos very hard as a wood stock is much preferred for me. Airgun revisions sells Benjamin certified slug shooters for just a few bucks more at around $600. I'm not after any bullpup rifles but I might. Pryamyd has 20% off Crossman as well right now. So, wood stock, rifle length, pretty accurate, and decent quality is what I'm after. Honestly the $500-700 range is where I'm at as after a decent scope, rings, bipod and what ever else I'll be a grand or more. I am a Chief at the local fire department so I have full access to the 6000psi air system and probably have some out of date Scott tanks laying around somewhere. I have heard of people putting sweet syrup on targets and busting bees. Sounds like fun.

Thanks guys.

Reactions: KodiakJac
My 5 PCPs were all under $500. My favorites are my 3 P35s. Krale has them. If you want a near equivalent available from distributors in the U. S. that would be a Stoeger bullshark. My newest two, a 177 and a 22, are quite accurate. The 177's best on the 30 yard challenge is a 194 and the 22 has given me a 200. There is a thread explaining this game and providing the target in the Challenges section of this website. This is a bullpup made by SPA, a chinese company. SPA mostly makes airguns for other suppliers reportedly including the Notos. They make long guns too. Their guns apparently used to be pretty rough and mine still needed simple things like the hammer spring adjusted, the trigger adjusted and the crown polished. But they are almost all metal (unlike the Avenger), are light (5 lbs), and seem well designed. The regulator in mine work well with pellets the gun likes. My last shot string in the 22 gave me an ES over 23 shots under 6 with a std deviation under 2. This gun gives me accuracy similar to guns costing several times as much. Lots of fun.

I have the Kratos in .22 and mine is like a laser shooter with the 18gr JSB’s. Based on my experience with mine I would recommend it to anyone. At 55 yards it’s putting a whole magazine into a hole the size of a dime. There is something that feels like magic when you can watch a pellet fly through the air and disappear into the same tiny hole that was left behind by the previous pellet. The .22 Kratos can provide those goosebumps and hairs standing up on your arms.
You’ll get a ton of shots on a fill with its bottle. I think I get about 50 shots on a fill, maybe it’s more…. I haven’t had it out in a few months I don’t recall.
It’s super quiet too. I don’t think you’d go wrong with it.

I have the Kratos in .22 and mine is like a laser shooter with the 18gr JSB’s. Based on my experience with mine I would recommend it to anyone. At 55 yards it’s putting a whole magazine into a hole the size of a dime. There is something that feels like magic when you can watch a pellet fly through the air and disappear into the same tiny hole that was left behind by the previous pellet. The .22 Kratos can provide those goosebumps and hairs standing up on your arms.
You’ll get a ton of shots on a fill with its bottle. I think I get about 50 shots on a fill, maybe it’s more…. I haven’t had it out in a few months I don’t recall.
It’s super quiet too. I don’t think you’d go wrong with it.
Would it be worth the few extra bucks to get one that has been certified with the information on the paperwork? The slug is listed but not sure about the pellet he uses. Certified dime group at 30yds.

If you go for the Kratos from Airgun Revisions you will have the best Kratos possible. The owner of Airgun Revisions, Rich Dudek, is an airgun engineer for Crosman/Benjamin. Make sure and ask Rich to tune your Kratos and include his Kratos custom spring kit which includes the hammer spring and valve spring. With those springs the Kratos will behave almost like a regulated air rifle.

My Airgun Revisions tuned Kratos got an extreme spread of 13 fps over 72 shots (878 to 891 fps) shooting the JSB 18.13 pellet on its last outing.

Last edited:
Would it be worth the few extra bucks to get one that has been certified with the information on the paperwork? The slug is listed but not sure about the pellet he uses. Certified dime group at 30yds.
I have dabbled in slug shooting a little, but if ultimate accuracy is what you are after I don’t know that you are going to find a slug that’s going to out perform the correct pellet inside of 100 yards. That’s been my experience. A great pellet group is practically hole in hole, whereas a great slug group is 1/2 inch or so.
If you want to shoot bees and flys…. Pellets are the ticket. If you have a prairie dog infestation 150 yards away…. Slugs.
Pellets trajectory falls apart quickly after it’s flown a certain distance, their skirt acts sort of like a parachute brake on a race car. Slugs maintain their course and travel further. The slug that was posting a 1/2 group at 100 yards is probably going to maintain that 1/2 group on out there even further.
I also dont recommend slugs for backyard shooting if you have neighbors around you, as I’ve found slugs much more likely to ricochet and zing off into parts unknown than pellets.
From reading your original post I’d believe you will get the most from a good pellet shooter. Leave the slugs out of the equation.

If your looking for quality and accuracy you might want to check the AN classifieds for a used Brocock. You can find various models if you check around in your price range if you don't mind used. The are high quality and well worth the money. I have bought two used ones for under $700 AND THEY ARE REAL GEMS.

9D738BEC-4C56-4D8E-8EDD-F400872F4074.jpeg

Very first post here so please bear with me. I am not new to air guns but will be new to an accurate PCP rifle. I love accuracy and I am all about small groups and could care less about power as I have a safe full of rifles for various applications. I strive for small groups reloading for my rifles and trying various components. I am also a bullet caster for my pistols. I love to open the basement door lying prone and plink around at what ever I find. I have a metal swinging target 27yds from my basement door across the creek that sees regular 22lr use. The Gamo spring gun just doesn't cut it. I have been looking at the Kratos very hard as a wood stock is much preferred for me. Airgun revisions sells Benjamin certified slug shooters for just a few bucks more at around $600. I'm not after any bullpup rifles but I might. Pryamyd has 20% off Crossman as well right now. So, wood stock, rifle length, pretty accurate, and decent quality is what I'm after. Honestly the $500-700 range is where I'm at as after a decent scope, rings, bipod and what ever else I'll be a grand or more. I am a Chief at the local fire department so I have full access to the 6000psi air system and probably have some out of date Scott tanks laying around somewhere. I have heard of people putting sweet syrup on targets and busting bees. Sounds like fun.

Thanks guys.
I have Factory guns and slug certified guns. The factory guns are more competitive price wise compared to anybody else not to mention I do price matching. The slug certified guns are also as accurate if not more. These guns also go through complete testing from my shop.

Last edited:
I have dabbled in slug shooting a little, but if ultimate accuracy is what you are after I don’t know that you are going to find a slug that’s going to out perform the correct pellet inside of 100 yards. That’s been my experience. A great pellet group is practically hole in hole, whereas a great slug group is 1/2 inch or so.
If you want to shoot bees and flys…. Pellets are the ticket. If you have a prairie dog infestation 150 yards away…. Slugs.
Pellets trajectory falls apart quickly after it’s flown a certain distance, their skirt acts sort of like a parachute brake on a race car. Slugs maintain their course and travel further. The slug that was posting a 1/2 group at 100 yards is probably going to maintain that 1/2 group on out there even further.
I also dont recommend slugs for backyard shooting if you have neighbors around you, as I’ve found slugs much more likely to ricochet and zing off into parts unknown than pellets.
From reading your original post I’d believe you will get the most from a good pellet shooter. Leave the slugs out of the equation.
It's just certified to shoot both. So if I went that route it's best just to have him go through it before I ever receive it? I have a 22 k hornet, 223, 204r, 17hmr, 22mag for critters over 50yds. My neighbor loves guns so noise is no concern (he just got a steyr 50bmg) and he is 100yds away.

I have Factory guns and slug certified guns. The factory guns are more competitive price wise compared to anybody else not to mention I do price matching. The slug certified guns are also as accurate if not more. These guns also go through complete testing from my shop.
I may be talking with you soon. If you're willing to help Joe shmoe out on a forum that's a big deal in my book.

That would be an incorrect statement. All of my guns that I have had that can shoot slugs are more accurate with slugs over pellets every time. The correct tune matters. Or like my Katran which is sub MOA with 23g javelins and zero tuning, sometimes you get lucky. Lol

That would be an incorrect statement. All of my guns that I have had that can shoot slugs are more accurate with slugs over pellets every time. The correct tune matters. Or like my Katran which is sub MOA with 23g javelins and zero tuning, sometimes you get lucky. Lol
In my experience it’s overwhelmingly true and I’m frankly amazed that you have not just one but multiple airguns that shoot slugs better than the optimal pellet for those guns. Way to go man! You should make some videos and show those things off!!
I could understand someone getting better groups with slugs out of … say a Fx barrel that’s optimized for a slug but never out of a sub $1000 airgun purposely built for pellets as we were discussing in this thread.