• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wanting to dabble in hft

Good advice above. Leave your ego at home and just go shoot "what you brung" and enjoy the experience. Nobody feels threatened and are not judgmental. Your learning curve and money savings will be exponential. I repeat.... Your learning curve and money savings will be exponential. Second match use the club gun. Then start deciding how serious your commitment and budget are and approach with some first hand knowledge. If inclined, it takes a few seasons to move to the top tier no matter how good your skills are or what your previous experience and success was.

I've shot both .22 and .177 in the middle of the HFT pack in CT and I don't think caliber made much difference in my scores. All I remember is that I met a lot of nice people who were fun to shoot with. I honestly can't remember if I shot a 36 or 38 out of 60 or with which gun. Learn your holdovers and write them down where you can see them while in the shooting lane. Shoot the pellets you shoot best with at home.

Andy,

I am the guy running the Connecticut Air Gunners Club and a member of Rockville Fish & Game Club which will be hosting a field target match on June 5th. You can bring your TX200 .22 caliber rifle. Many on the previous posts have given very good advice. We are here to just have fun shooting air guns. Try out field target you may or may not like it. You can always borrow a loaner gun from us when we have a match scheduled just notify me if you do. As recommended, start out in Hunter class. If you do not have a set of shooting sticks and a seat, we can loan you those things as well.

Regards,

Leo