• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Want to order a pcp but keep hitting the ejector seat

Since December I’ve almost ordered a pcp on several occasions (I just did it again) but keep second guessing my choices an not going through with the order. I currently own a Taipan compact 25 and love it! I take of pests occasionally and hunt with it a couple times a year, it is mostly used for bench shooting up-to 100yds at my home range. I am pretty set in my top two choices: a prophet in 22 or 25, or another Taipan long 25 /talontune package power plenum/moderator. Any advice from forum members on helping me make a choice would be greatly appreciated.

I would specifically hunt down a 30 caliber FX Bobcat to shoot JSB44gr.

I own 3 of them in 30 caliber and all seem to be lasers like my FX Bosses.

100 yards seem like nothing to these guns.

Probably find a relatively affordable one on the used market. They can range from $750 - $900.

Last Preowned Bobcat (22) I paid $600 from a regular member I occasionally buy from who hooks me up every now and then. Last Brand new Bobcat was a 177 from AOA new old stock with 3 YEAR WARRANTY (NOT THRU THEM THO!) for $800 New in box early 2020.

I love this idea...Flip a coin, whatever gun you were routing for while the coin is in the air, buy. You know deep down what you want, go for it. I would think that if you already have a Veteran, even if you love it, you’d want to try something different. That’s just me. There are so many great guns out there these days, RAW HM1000x, Daystate Delta Wolf, Red Wolf, Revere, FX Impact, Maverick, Wildcat, RTI Prophet, AAA Evol and on and on. There are just so many. We are very lucky to have so many great air guns to choose from in 2021! Almost too many!😂

Although, accuracy, reliability, power and the aesthetic all can and should play a major role in deciding on an air gun. So too should the availability of information pertaining to the cleaning and maintenance of the gun, disassembly/assembly of the gun, availability of parts, customer support, warranty, aftermarket accessories(if you like to tinker at all) and things like that. All too often, new buyers choose a gun on based on just things like power and accuracy and rightly so. However it’s really nice to be able to ask a question about a well known gun and have a bunch of people chime in to help or be able to find a schematic. There should be a plethora of help available on the Veteran and to a lesser extent the Prophet too.

Good luck with your decision and Happy New Year!

Stoti

I admit, I was looking at these same two rifles as my next purchase. I was looking hard at the prophet all year. Once I had saved up the money to buy it, the Maverick came out. I was looking for a gun that can do it all. I originally was looking at the prophet because it has great accuracy, high shot count, and moderately compact and maneuverable for hunting. I’m also very familiar with the AR platform and appreciated the cocking lever on my weak side. Ultimately I still chose the Maverick. I went with the compact version but ordered a larger tank for shot capacity. Still haven’t received it yet. So, I can’t say if I’ve got buyers remorse.

I do think a comparison video between these two air rifles needs to happen at some point. 

No experience with those guns. Of your choices though, I would go with the prophet primarily for something different to play with and learn from if your research on them is pleasing to you.

As a side note, the Impact has a 28 shot magazine in .25 caliber. With that and tons of speed loaders available for it, it's quite nice at the bench. I don't have numbers on the .22 cal FX. These are great guns that will keep you as busy as you want to be with the aftermarket offerings, but are pricey.