• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Want to make my wildcat mkii .25 compact 500mm a slug shooter

I tried 26 NSA out of my 500mm Maverick. Was able to get decent accuracy in the mid 920ā€™s at 50 yards. These were the only slugs Iā€™ve tried and are super finicky out of that 500mm. I mean literally a quarter of a turn on the internal hammer screw took the .75-1ā€ groups to complete un acceptability. Seems it isnā€™t just about speed but getting the right amount of air behind it. Tad too much and they are unstable. Iā€™m just sticking with pellets. They are so easy. Just land 850-920 and they are super accurate. Only have to work out a match between hammer tension and reg pressure. Much less of a PIA.

Reactions: BZapp7
Thanks for all the great feedback šŸ‘šŸ¼. I should've mentioned, I took for granted that I would get much better drop and wind bucking than a pellet. So, for those who shoot slugs with a 500mm: how is that comparing to the jsb kings?

At closer distances like 50 yards and closer they are about the same. But slugs will out run the pellets significantly after 80 yards.