• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Want to Buy a .25

+1 for the 6K N2. It is what I have used since the beginning of my addiction to PCP's. $70 to fill it but I am on the same tank since February this year and I am still at 3300 psi after thousands upon thousands of shots fired. I use two smaller tanks. a 90 cu/in and a 74 cu/ft (45 minute Scott CF bottle) when I want portability.

Thurmond

"PistolPete"Btw - what's the noise like on that .25 Cricket Carbine? Could you compare it to anything?
Cricket Carbine has a decent LDC out of the box and I would consider it backyard friendly. If its too loud for your place guys make aftermarket LDC's. Neil Clauge makes good LDC's as does Donny Du. Donnys new version is called a Fat Boy, its short/fat so it doesnt add too much length. 

Thanks Doc

AJ, My .22 Colibri seems louder than my .25 Carbine. I don't know if it's because my face and ear are laying right against the magazine with the Colibri? But the Colibri is mighty quiet itself.

I haven't shot the .25 in months so took it out today to see if it would shoot a hole in a tire at 40 yds! I saw where SPGUNS did it at 40 meters in a cool video he made and I wanted to try it for myself. Didn't make a video of it though! Sorry.

I couldn't get the soft lead JSB's to penetrate the tire tread like SPGUNS did with his .25 Bobcat, but it went through the sidewall like butter with 30 psi of air in the tire. My tire was a steel belted radial. Maybe that's why it wouldn't penetrate the tread?

Anyway during the shooting session I noticed she wasn't grouping good at all? So, I cleaned the barrel, tightened the scope screws, tightened the stock screws, tightened the muffler etc! Groups started tightening up and it's when I realized I have been shooting my 20 FPE Thomas with hair trigger so long that I had to really practice to hold and concentrate on trigger pull much more with my Cricket. Not to mention that the rifle kicks a little more at 45 FPE. Not much but enough to throw my game off after shooting that laser of a Thomas!
Before long I was getting hole in hole at 28 yds my zero for all my guns, but would still manage to pull the 4th or 5th shot? Another thought crossed my mind. This rifle is really light weight, I'm sure it wouldn't kick as much if it were heavy like the RAW's? I'm so used to shooting the Thomas that the power of this thing is throwing my game off? My Thomas weighs around 12.5 pounds scoped and the Cricket is barely over 10 pounds scoped with twice the power. Maybe I need to shoot this thing more often and really need to shoot it when I get the desire for a .30????LOL
My idea of precision at that 28 yd range is trying to keep five or more pellets inside a 3/8" hole edge to edge. A little easier done with a .177 pellet. Those huge holes the .25 makes is almost impossible for me to do. Like I say, I could keep 3 or 4 inside it but not 5 shots?

Or maybe I just need to let Renae shoot it for me ;-)

I haven't shot a Bullpup but the Carbine is extremely quiet, like I said, the Marauder which is very quiet is louder than my .22 Cricket Carbine. I shoot both in the back yard and no complaints from the neighbors.
At Extreme Bench, I watched a guy shooting a Wildcat with an moderator ( believe it was a Hugget) and that was about as loud as a tick from a clock. I was very impressed.

Regarding the discussion of the trajectory of a .25 at 35 fpe elsewhere in the thread.

My Condor has been tuned down to 785 fps. I set up a kill zone the size of a dime (0.71 inches). The near and far zero's are 25 and 45 yards. The point blanch zone for that zero is 22 to 50 yards (high scope mount pushes the near zero out a bit). That means that the pellet is .35 inches low at 22 yards, .35 inches high at 36 yards, and again .35 inches low at 50 yards. That translates to 5.5 mil dots low at 100 yards. That is much better than most smaller caliber pellets leaving the muzzle at substantially higher velocities.

The .25 does not have a "loopy" trajectory when you push it to competitive velocities, and by "competitive" I don't necessarily mean "equal". It is competitive with smaller calibers shot at higher muzzle velocities because of it's inherently higher BCs, especially at longer ranges.

WRT to the original question, have you decided what you are going to purchase? I like my Condor SS although the one I have only has a 12 inch barrel. I have deliberately tuned it down to 35 fpe as my ranges are generally shorter and I hunt squirrels. That leaves me with 24.5 fpe at 50 yards and almost 18 fpe at 100 yards. I just don't have a need for that kind of range. I think you might like a Condor SS with an 18 barrel. Mine is almost dead silent except for the "ping" of the hammer opening the valve, that is the other reason I tuned it down to 35 fpe. I think an 18 inch barrel would give you more velocity with the same level of quiet. I'd guess you could get to 850 fps (40+ fpe) and still remain very quiet indeed. The Condor platform itself is capable of much, much higher energies even in .25.

My fill pressure is 2600 psi - 2150 psi during which I get 18 shots with a nice low SD. I hand pump the rifle and if I had two or three spare bottles I'd just keep them pumped up as well. I don't "play" on the range with this particular rifle. I shoot it enough to get it ready to hunt. Then I document everything about it. Then I hunt with it. Today I took three shots at 50 yards. The results are in the hunting forum. Then I cleaned the game and put the rifle away. I'll probably need to refill it around late December.

Hey Oldspook and Camp,

I'm going with the Kalibrgun Cricket Carbine. I have a Mauser M12 as my primary "go to" hunting rifle, and I'm looking to match its size and weight as much as possible. I had a brief look today at the FX Royale, but it's a bit too long for my tastes. 

Honestly, I'm sure I'd be happy with almost any gun mentioned here. But part of the reason I want to get the air rifle is to improve my rifle shooting, especially standing unsupported, so I need something similar. The Kalibrgun Cricket Carbine just seems to dot all the Is and cross all the Ts :)

Thanks again for all your guy's help. 

"PistolPete"Yeh - to be clear - I'm not getting a 12ftlb rifle. I am in the market for something >40ftlbs @ .25. My thinking on this is that I want to be able to throw lead below the subsonic threshold with enough force to hit something good and dead at 50yds. 

Glen & Frank - the FX's look nice. I especially like the Royale 300. I'm looking for something a bit more traditional and this may fit my purposes. As for weight, my Mauser is 7lbs + the Zeiss (+ >1lb) + whatever the mount weighs, so I actually wanted to mimic that weight. I'm not super concerned about getting a lightweight shooter. I'm not scared of lunking around a setup in the 9-10lb range, I'm a bit more concerned about length really, especially since I might want to get a silencer if the baffling isn't enough (like a 48'' Edgun Morana...you'd be knocking branches carrying that thing in a shoulder sling).

As for the fills - I'm definitely going to be getting a SCBA tank. I was thinking about getting a larger one and a smaller one, but I don't even know what "large" is for these purposes. Ideally, I'd have something I can clunk out to the shooting area (about 100meters from the house) and then a bigger bottle at the home. What sort of sizes do you guys use?
Sorry, me bad ! I totally misread your post, I apologize.

wll2506