• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Want to Buy a .25

Pete
I see where you mentioned the FX Royale was a bit too long for your taste.
I just wanted you to be aware the .25 Cricket Carbine is 45 inches long where as the .177 and .22 Cricket carbines are 42 inches long.

Here it is sitting upright beside my Air Arms TX200 Hunter Carbine and my Gen 1 Marauder with air tube extension.

FX 400 on bottom, .177 Cricket middle, and .25 Cricket top

Camp,

Thanks for the pics and the info - you've got a beautiful collection.

My Mauser M12 is 42'', so yeh, the .25 is a bit longer, but it's still not as long as the FX Royale. It's not going to be perfect, but it'll be similar enough. Maybe I'll get a new stock on it at some point, but for now I imagine it'll be good enough.

As for glass, what do you guys recommend? I have a Zeiss on my Mauser and a Leupold on my Savage, I was hoping to try out a piece from Vortex because they're a bit more affordable and offer more in terms of stuff (hold over hash marks, etc). The Crossfire II line caught my eye - anyone have experience with it?

Pete
As for glass, my favorite so far are the 10-50X60 Sightron FT scopes, I have 3 of them, but I shoot Field Target. It would probably be a good idea to get a scope that will focus as close as 10 yds since your shooting an airgun? My Sightrons will focus at just under 9 yds. I have a Hawke 8-32X56 on the .25 and it will focus down to 10 yds with no problems. I have a cheap BSA 6-24X44 that's just as clear as my Hawke with both set on 24 power? Got in on the Colibri. I've decided I need at least 24 power for these old eyes, and I shoot FT with the Sightrons set on 30 power.
But if you have a Zeiss and a Leupold, you already know what good glass is. I've heard good things about the Vortex and the Athlon scopes as well.
I zero most of my rifles at 28 yds since that's close to the midpoint between 0 and 55 yds my max at FT.

My .25 likes the 25.39 gr JSB Diablo Exact King's. 350 count tin at Pyramyd Air.
I rarely clean the barrel on my Crickets, but when I do, I use the JL Crown saver and pull a few wet patches through with a little WD-40 on them followed by 3 or 4 dry patches.
http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/jl-crown-saver-p/jlcs.htm

I'm not much good at working on these things, so I've never been into mine. Will send it to Ernest Rowe or Charlie Frear if I ever have problems. I've had the .25 since early 2014 and shot thousands of pellets through it with no problems so far.
Most of the time if groups go crazy, I just tighten scope screws, stock screws, make sure the LCD is tight etc. Pull a few patches through her and she's back good to go! I've had the LCD being loose on more than one rifle to cause sporatic groups, so I always check that now. It happened with my FX as well.

Jimmy