• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Want More Info on FX USA Lawsuit? Customer Guns discussed.

Oh okay, my point there was more based on the poor design factors and premature release of both the dynamic and pantera, which I think is pretty widely known...can't fault FX USA for that one iota...and there is a reason why FX's market hasn't been looking too pretty as of late with all their poor decision making. I am not saying this acquits Johnathon from any of the accusations made in the original affidavit against him/FX-USA...it's just, seems there is more than meets the eye originated from the original claims.

I've always felt that FX milks the market and its following with rapid releases, mkl, mkll, dreamline (failed), mklll, maverick (failed), dynamic (failed) to pantera (failed), because they have a very loyal following. It's predatory imho...

-Matt
Why do you say that the Maverick is a fail? But that is for a different forum.

Why do you say that the Maverick is a fail? But that is for a different forum.

Their subsequent releases make that evident imo, the majority of written word on this forum is opinion based, not objective fact. I doubt they obtained the sales figures intended by the releases I feel were failures, hence forthcoming releases, and likely no "maverick ll" similar to their famed Impact...

-Matt

Reactions: L.Leon
Their subsequent releases make that evident imo, the majority of written word on this forum is opinion based, not objective fact. I doubt they obtained the sales figures intended by the releases I feel were failures, hence forthcoming releases, and likely no "maverick ll" similar to their famed Impact...

-Matt
Impact is markedly better for a few hundred more in my opinion. You might be right about the Maverick.

Okay, maybe FX Sweden isn't *ENTIRELY* the good guy here, because I think there is a lot of truth to this based on customer complaints...

-Matt

View attachment 398092
The only issues with these statements are they are not entirely accurate. Well, at all accurate. Anyone who is following this should take notice of the fact that FX Sweden has entered numerous pieces if undisputed factual evidence to the case. FX USAs defense has nothing tangible to back even just one of their claims. I can assure you that when this is all settled the reason for this will be clear. For now you just need to apply simple logic, if there was any evidence to back the claims of FX USA they would have been entered into evidence by now. Logic would suggest that the defense would have entered it at a minimum to prevent the motion to expedite from being GRANTED and did not do so. The courts will rule on the receivership Thursday 27 October @ 1400EST. Saving any evidence that would help the case of the defense for the last minute would be a terrible legal strategy IMO.

The only issues with these statements are they are not entirely accurate. Well, at all accurate. Anyone who is following this should take notice of the fact that FX Sweden has entered numerous pieces if undisputed factual evidence to the case. FX USAs defense has nothing tangible to back even just one of their claims. I can assure you that when this is all settled the reason for this will be clear. For now you just need to apply simple logic, if there was any evidence to back the claims of FX USA they would have been entered into evidence by now. Logic would suggest that the defense would have entered it at a minimum to prevent the motion to expedite from being GRANTED and did not do so. The courts will rule on the receivership Thursday 27 October @ 1400EST. Saving any evidence that would help the case of the defense for the last minute would be a terrible legal strategy IMO.
The action filed is a Complaint by the Plaintiffs. FX USA and other defendants have not, to my knowledge answered any complaints yet. They might file a response prior to the October 27th hearing, but basically, their turn hasn't yet arrived. I haven't seen "the claims of FX USA", as they would not be in the Plaintiffs' filing. Basically, the defense doesn't put on their evidence until the trial, often first moving for a dismissal. At this point, all is speculation until a judge or jury rules.

Don't take my post out of context, I said MAYBE...and provided a snippet of the defendants response at that time for people to chew on...

Not only that, the issue(s) with the Panthera and Dynamic have been verified by several members here, even a review on PA is very unfavorable as the user simply returned it due to faults, backing part of FX-USA's claim. That review dates back to April of this year.

-Matt

The action filed is a Complaint by the Plaintiffs. FX USA and other defendants have not, to my knowledge answered any complaints yet. They might file a response prior to the October 27th hearing, but basically, their turn hasn't yet arrived. I haven't seen "the claims of FX USA", as they would not be in the Plaintiffs' filing. Basically, the defense doesn't put on their evidence until the trial, often first moving for a dismissal. At this point, all is speculation until a judge or jury rules.
You know anything about customers guns I have a maverick 30 there that I’m still making payment on

You know anything about customers guns I have a maverick 30 there that I’m still making payment on
Sorry, I have no inside information. From general experience, I know that these circumstances sometimes result in confusion and inconsistent direction to the folks actually doing the work and trying to take care of customers.

Reactions: MAUMAU and L.Leon
I've always felt that FX milks the market and its following with rapid releases, mkl, mkll, from streamline to dreamline (failed), mklll, maverick (failed), dynamic (failed) to pantera (failed), because they have a very loyal following. It's predatory imho...

-Matt
I would agree partially with those comments. I do think FX milks the market with new and improved models in short order. But look at the times. We want the newest,bestest, and most improved in 30mins or the next one is free sitcom era. So FX is kindly using that social drift to relieve anyone who has a wallet open. And let’s face it, very few FX owners are in the beans and rice category.

Having said that though, the secondary market has opened the door for the more budget friendly to get an FX in their hands. And that essentially was the Dreamlines intent. So success to some of FXs models aren’t cut and dried as succes/fail. For the company, the Dreamline, was a taste. An appetizer to a main course Impact or Panthera FX hoped to intise the consumer with. And it worked.

All be it, the Panthera simply lacked R&D, which I really think FX knew and took the approach of live R&D, hoping the FX following was strong enough to hold the company’s reputation while they sorted whatever problems came up. The Maverick, was a live R&D model for the Wildcat Mk3. Which by far was a stronger seller and quite frankly a Maverick with a stock. This is all my opinion, but being directly from the firearms world, companies have relied on live R&D for longer than I care mention. KelTec being a prime example.

Andy

I would agree partially with those comments. I do think FX milks the market with new and improved models in short order. But look at the times. We want the newest,bestest, and most improved in 30mins or the next one is free sitcom era. So FX is kindly using that social drift to relieve anyone who has a wallet open. And let’s face it, very few FX owners are in the beans and rice category.

Having said that though, the secondary market has opened the door for the more budget friendly to get an FX in their hands. And that essentially was the Dreamlines intent. So success to some of FXs models aren’t cut and dried as succes/fail. For the company, the Dreamline, was a taste. An appetizer to a main course Impact or Panthera FX hoped to intise the consumer with. And it worked.

All be it, the Panthera simply lacked R&D, which I really think FX knew and took the approach of live R&D, hoping the FX following was strong enough to hold the company’s reputation while they sorted whatever problems came up. The Maverick, was a live R&D model for the Wildcat Mk3. Which by far was a stronger seller and quite frankly a Maverick with a stock. This is all my opinion, but being directly from the firearms world, companies have relied on live R&D for longer than I care mention. KelTec being a prime example.

Andy

Good points but eventually consumer fatigue may set in and a companies reputation can easily be compromised by rushed releases that use the market for live r&d. Rarely do even the most loyal customers return to a company once they turn their back for whatever reasons, be it poor quality control, new bells and whistle fatigue, over-promises that under-deliver, removal of rose tinted glasses, frequent litigation between it and their distributors, ect.

I'm no beans and rice guy, I like steak and lobster but heck I don't see myself ever buying a $2,000 air rifle unless it shoots frickin' lasers (Austin Powers Joke), not to shame those who do, kudos for them, everything is an acquired taste. Sometimes you get what you pay for, other times you're just lining peoples pockets for access to "innovation" or something new. If I can sell a product marketed as organic, or a product marketed as innovative and a step above the rest for 5x+ its production cost to end users, does that make my product value absolute, or am I just a good salesman using advanced marketing strategies to reach a niche audience ready and willing to invest in me while establishing a barrier to entry for my product?

-Matt

Why would Sweden send FX USA anything when invoices dated back to January had not been paid?
One imagines that FX Sweden telling UA not to pay FXUSA carries the subtext “pay us directly instead so we regain control of the inventory in question” rather than a case of punishing FXUSA through underhand means.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
One imagines that FX Sweden telling UA not to pay FXUSA carries the subtext “pay us directly instead so we regain control of the inventory in question” rather than a case of punishing FXUSA through underhand means.
If the original Complaint filed is accurate, Sweden is just trying to collect outstanding invoices for product delivered, and it's way too late to control inventory. But, the nature of adversarial relationships precludes any early assumption of wrongdoing.

I did not read all the post, But I have watched FX from the beginning, Dealers would not carry the FX line because all the Warranty work on the guns, I watched guys come up shooting all kinds of guns making videos and then all of a sudden There shooting FX only guns and nothing else, It was clear as a bell to me what was going on,. I know its all about money and FX screaming THE BEST, I to not mean to bash FX its all about money and marketing , I just never drank the kool aid, To each his own, And I own the BEST
Mike

Those guys
I did not read all the post, But I have watched FX from the beginning, Dealers would not carry the FX line because all the Warranty work on the guns, I watched guys come up shooting all kinds of guns making videos and then all of a sudden There shooting FX only guns and nothing else, It was clear as a bell to me what was going on,. I know its all about money and FX screaming THE BEST, I to not mean to bash FX its all about money and marketing , I just never drank the kool aid, To each his own, And I own the BEST
Mike
who wouldn’t want to work with a company leading in the industry? They have a reputation for being the best so these YouTubers probably have no problem just shooting fx rifles that’s how I look at it I don’t even think they get paid they probably just get free guns and accessories and are completely fine with that I know I would be…
Not everything’s about greed and money sometimes it’s about the fact that you have a great product and people are willing to pay a premium for that product plus it’s made in Sweden not china and I hear, they pay their employees really well and honestly the more money they make off of the end consumer the more likely the next product should have the funds for r&d and a well paid team means good vibes and should result in another great product I mean that’s how I look at it.

Those guys

... I don’t even think they get paid they probably just get free guns and accessories and are completely fine with that I know I would be…
There is a big misunderstanding what or how people thinking about "Sponsored" shooters.
Nobody in ordinary competition levels never getting paid or free equipment, you can try it yourself just send in your Resume.
In a not so far past I was a sponsored archery competition shooter for over a decade, I don't think guns or airguns are any different business case.
You would be surprised (and shocked) how much $$$$ you will expense from your own pocket every year just to be on that "Sponsored" list, and in best scenarios you may brake it even. When I stopped spending that money on shooting I started financing my family vacation trips every year, and that was an eye opener.
Not even a tip of the hill "sponsored" folks can make a living within these sports.
Youtube shooters? Huh.... attracting attention and that is only their placebo.

Reactions: Shahrilstephen