• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Want an advantage at RMAC! Orion RTI magazines

While in Oregon shooting the Extreme Field target. I found a huge advantage with using the Orion magazine.
The first round of qualifying. I used only the factory magazine’s. Not really thinking much about it. Doing my normal shoot a couple of magazines. Then stopping and filling the magazines. And the back to work, shooting. Couple of sighters followed by a good guess of shoot placement. Shooting one, maybe two score-able targets. And back down to sighters.
When final’s came around. I started as usual. The wind was brutal, changing all around. I found my self holding left then right, then left 2 mil. Only to be followed by a right 1 mil.
I was just burning through pellets. Then it happened, 1/4 the way into my card. Things started working. Small hole’s started appearing on the 9 and 10 rings. One, two, three, it’s finally working. Maybe four? Nope the magazine is empty. At that moment I almost yelled out a nasty word! Scrambling I reach for extra magazines. Orion you’re up. Sliding it into breach with a nice tight snug fit.
And back to sighters, a few shoots later. I had found my new wind hold. Back to scoring targets.
Few targets into this new magazine, I noticed something. I’m not stopping, I’m not getting my stride broken. Wait, the scores were great. I’m not getting into my own head.
It my not seem like anything to you. I’m sure liking the added value of the extra shoots per magazine and so is my score’s.
Mont