• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Wanna tune up my texan 45

African air ordinance from south Africa for 4500 psi kits. Is the only way to make more power and that being said primarily on the super heavy end of the slug spectrum. You need a booster pump like that from alatros to make shooting at 4500 psi possible and reliable. That being said his valve are supposed to be good to 4800 psi and good with helium. So with helium and the upgrade 4500psi kit you could around 1000 fps with a 500 grain .457 slug. He is the only Texan upgrade no Chinese cheap stuff on the market yet.

I don't think Doug is doing anything with tx2 valve. Air force pretty much copied Doug Air force valve upgrade and that is what the tx2 valve is at 3625 fps. Going to 4500 psi is a real challenge if you wanna shoot accurately tethered. My stock 50 tx2 valve Pushes powder coated 650 grain spire point boat tail at 750 fps. It is Way way cheaper shooting at 3625 psi tethered than trying to do so at 4500 psi. If you have a booster pump 4500 psi is the way to go.. I'd love to get a African air ordinance 4500 psi upgrade but $600 for the upgrade and $900 for a booster cost more than my daily driver😀 That said I'm saving up. I'd love to shoot love to shoot my 650 grain at over 900 fps.