Walther rotex RM8 safety catch

Can someone please help me with this matter All the reviews I watched shows the safety being a manual mechanism. However I just bought one and the safety engages with each and every pellet clocked. The manual safety was one of the things that attracted me to the gun in the first place. Thank you 

Don't forget the Dominator 1250. All 3 rifles: Hammerli 850, Dominator 1250, Rotex RM8/Rotek have the same basic design features.

its very accurate (LW Barrel) but i dont like the plastic stock. i would always choose the wood stock.

the reloading action takes a few tins to get smooth. the magazine design is great and they are very easy to load. the regulator is very good!

the action is some kind of aluminium die cast. i prefer a milled aluminum receiver for airguns.. but its solid and the gun is on the cheap side and accurate :)

if you can life with a medium power rifle its a good choice.

I know that gun has been out for a minute now, but I have been interested in knowing a bit more about it lately. You guys with one should start a theead on it, how bout it?!

I think in the UK 12fpe version it might be a great gun but my FAC .177 had horrible hammer bounce. You can hear the hammer bounce in Rick Eustlers reviews of these guns. It just sounded and felt terrible to shoot IMO. I even sent it to a well known tuner who sent it back 3 months later and said he tried a bunch to remedy it but the gun was not easy to work on and he didn't have much or any experience with these guns so he didnt want to mess mine up he said... It was laser accurate with the LW barrel but I couldn't get past the hammer bounce so I sold it.