Walther Reign in .22 or .25 info please,

I can offer some information if you like. I own the .22 and the .25 caliber.
They are Walther Products and Shoot very well. They have an integral suppressor wart on the end of the barrel which is one of the only things I do not really care for.

The stock is well balanced and esthetically pleasing not to see the air reservoir. The power production is impressive. Cocking is forward where it should be and be swapped to either side. The mag can be loaded from either side as well. It will produce 25 consistent shots within its shot string. The accuracy will be stretched out beyond 40 Yards in a my full review but the 29" barrel delivered some very impressive groups.

One of the only other things that bothered me initially was the stock is hollow so sound resonated inside the space which I solved by packing it with memory foam and silica packets.

REIGN_GEAR.1605813363.jpg

I have the .22. I like the gun. Easy to shoulder (I shoot offhand), easy to hold on target.

I moved the cocking lever to the left side for better right handed shooting. Now...I can leave my trigger hand in place while cocking. The sound from the back of the stock when shooting is a little weird. I put a little automotive sound deadener on the stock in the back. Made a big difference, no more hollow sounds. The cocking action is very smooth and easy. No hard spots at all. Smooth both back and forward. The magazine is a nice touch also. Well designed, loads and goes into the gun easily. The magazine goes into the gun from either direction for left and right handed shooters.

I also just got done shortening mine to 26.75" overall length. It's a pain in the butt to get the stock silencer off AND save it for future use. I did it and left it for a while, but decided that I didn't like it much. It's just a hollow, expansion chamber with no sound deadening, no chambers, no nothing to actually quite the bark. The stock one actually does an ok job of lessening the shot noise for what it is, but the Tatsu (Donny) does a better job. I thought this morning, "a little more off the end" would be nice, just got done about 30 minutes ago..!

Great gun, especially for the price.

Mike

P.s. - The trigger is a bit hard in the first stage. I replace the spring with a shortened ballpoint pen spring. MUCH better. The wall and the secondary pull, crisp and smooth, no other modifications or adjustments needed.

A caveat – I am a complete newbie to the PCP world. In my opinion the Walther shoulders really nice. I have shouldered the Benjamin Akela, the Hatsan bull boss and the Hatsan Hercules Bully – the Walther just feels better on the shoulder IMO – better than all those guns. and it feels well balanced. Be prepared the plastic stock is just that plastic. I can tell the stock is the weak link. It really is not that tight. Maybe I can adjust it or tighten some screws. The stock kind of twists in your hands – if you try to twist it (kind of moves.. not rock solid like the Akela stock) but not while I am shooting it you are not worried about the stock when you shoot. It is just cheap plastic but it looks cool – but i doubt it will effect its accuracy – it shifts because i put pressure on it and i am looking for the shift. .. the up side: the walther is feather light. ive seen claims from the manufacturer that it is good for 47-50 fpe. maybe if i shoot it more it will break it in and i might see higher fpe. my guess is it is built for consistent 40 fpe shots (it has peaked at 43). but we will see, i am new to this. could it be possible that after a break in the fpe goes up? i have an akela – it was hot out of the box too, getting up to 34 fpe which i think is good for a 22 – i love how the akela looks, the stock is rock solid – but the walther shoulders better. When comparing the walther to the marauder rifle, the power seems very close, I have the akela, the marauder rifle and I've tried the hatsan vectis. in my opinion the walther has the best magazine. the cocking action is silk on the walther. the best that i have experienced.. my guess is walther skimped on the stock and put the money into the internals. the noise level is rated a three, but it is not much louder than the marauder 25 cal. I tried the bull boss… although it is only 2 inches longer .. the bull boss just seems big and cumbersome. The walther also feels more compact and easier to carry when compared to the akela. I am not mechanically inclined and i don't think the walther needs any adjustments, open the box and shoot. seems to me all the hatsans need to be adjusted.

in this space the walther is on the high end at $599. you have the akela, the kral puncher breaker, the hatsan flash pup, the bull boss… what else? the 25 walther has more pop than the akela thats for sure. i really don't know how it stacks up against the other options. the problem is you can't get any of the other options in 25 at this moment

I have not shot it at the range – so that is the big question, how accurate is it? the akela and the marauder are tack drivers. i will update you when I take it to the range. i will also have more detailed chrono/fpe numbers. 

I also want to mention I didnt know how to fill it up. i called urarex the manufacturer and they answered on one ring and quickly explained how to fill it. seems like excellent customer service. 

Also – I purchased the walther reign from amazon from OutDoorSports equipment. They are an excellent company. I got my gun three days after I ordered it. so very fast turn around. I purchased a hercules bully from them a few weeks prior. i opened the box realized it was too big, shipped it back and they returned my money immediately. they seem like a great place to buy an airgun. you can return it in 30 days if you don't like it. not sure on the return policy if you shoot the gun. 

again… i will update once i shoot the gun at range. my initial impressions are based on back yard shooting. no enough real estate to gauge accuracy at distance

Thank you for the input bro I appreciate it. I've been hearing that about the stock. I have the Vectis in .25 the Bull Boss.in .25 (sold it a couple days ago) the FX Dreamline Dream Pup. 25 the AT44s 10 in .25, the Hatsan Invader in .22 and the Flashpup in .22, the FX is extremely smooth on cocking it, the Flaspup,took some work and silicone oil on the bolt. The Bull Boss is a very smooth gun to cook, it shoulders great but its too long for me. I'm disabled and it fit a niche I needed it to fit, I was replacing the bull boss with something like the reign. The FX also feels absolutely great in my hands, the Flaspup I paid $297 for it but it don't feel like it, its a tight little gun, its light and shoots great and powerful. I tell ya, I'm beginning to back away from this Walther bull pup, cause I got guns i paid a lot less for and get better reviews than it, thanks again for the info it helped alot

psycho -

Curious, what do you find objectionable about the Walther ?

Other than a heavy first stage trigger (that's easily fixed), it's a great gun, especially for the cost. I don't know what your disability is, but the Reign is also light weight, and easy to maneuver and also to hold on target. I would think that this would be a gun fit for you.

I find myself grabbing the Reign more often than not to do some shooting (indoor, at home). I have...nine different short rifles to choose from..!

Mike 

I've never held the reign, as I said I've "heard" alot of negative about the trigger ,I have the Flaspup and I have my FX Dream Pup to grab for short bull pup guns, I do wish the fx was a little shorter. Any way buddy im good on my selections. I posted because on here you can get honest answers most of the time. I belong to a bunch of airgun groups but like this platform the best. I've been into airguns right at 50 years now and everytime something new comes along im all over it. I love it. Of course the Walther name sets a bell off in my head too. Especially Lothar Walther but I believe the reign is Carl Walther. Nonetheless a Walther. I can't walk great and severe nerve damage and curved spine and etc...enough of that....anyway thanks buddy appreciate ya

See my other post there just recently was a seller on EBay selling multiples of Walther Reigns for $399 and was offering an additional $50 off so for $349 and if you think its better than paying $599 or $699 for them only you can decide.

He had 2 different versions of the Reign.

His auction listing expired but it may be worth contacting the seller to see if he will list more of them in the future because he had the other shrouded version of the Reign not listed. 

If you need quiet the factory LDC on the end of the regular Reign guns don't work very well so your neighbors will know when you shoot it and it's extremely difficult and complicated to remove to upgrade to make it quiet with a blow torch and lathe and grinder to cut off the factory LDC and retaining clip from the barrel so the shrouded version may be the easier and quieter way to go. 

Once I see guns and scopes and other accessories sold at much cheaper prices close to half off regular it's very difficult to even think about paying full price for them later since you now know what their selling price wiggle room is and they still making a good profit selling for half price.

At $349 the Reigns surprisingly did not all sell out quickly on EBay. Seller solicited messaged me a $50 off offer from his side while he had them listed for $399. I just clicked the watch item option. Assumed he messaged all other watchers the same deal to get it for $349 he had several of them available.

I emailed that Ebay seller, he only had the unshrouded /fixed moderator versions. he has some new and some demo models. I also got the $50 off email from Ebay.I was very tempted but purchased a Brocock Concept XR instead. I still like the Reign and am going to keep my eye on them to see if the come down in price and if the M version starts to make it state side.

My understanding the original unshrouded Reign with the fixed moderator uses a Walter Barrel

The New M version uses a Walther Lothar barrel and has 1/2UNF threaded barrel so you can add your own moderator.

I think its a cool little gun and would make for a nice light, handy little hunter.