Walther Reign bullpup regulated ?

Hi , I'seen that the Umarex Walther Reign bullpup is available soon . What appeals me is its power : 44 Fpe in .22 cal , but I didn't find much technical informations about : barrel brand , (Lothar Walther maybe but not sure ) and , more important : is it regulated or not?

If anybody knows a bit more about what shoud be an interesting bullpup…..

I own an European Reign in .25. It is not regulated and delivers around 27 accurate shots in between 185 bar and 125 bar on the little gage built into the gun. Power is 58 Joule with H+N Baracuda. Above 200 bar it is virtually unusable on distances beyond 40 meters. I have contacted Huma - Air in the Netherlands to see if they can supply a regulator that could be installed to largen the useable range of fill pressure. I will post the result as soon as I do have an answer.

I don't think that there is a regulated reign in .25 and maximum power. I am French and all open .25 you can buy over here are unregulated. In Germany the maximum legal power for an airgun is 7,5 Joule, means all airguns are restricted to this power. If you want to by a "proper" one you do have to have a real gun license and even than it is virtually impossible to by an open one. If you do field target shooting in a club you may be allowed to buy a 16 Joule version. The gun regulations in Germany are very strict. I think, the regulations in Germany are the main reason why the Walther ( Umarex) guns are rather difficult to tune. Still waiting for an answer from Huma.

Thanks for the education. I’m new to the PCP world and did not know about the German laws. 

Maybe someone can comment on the possibility of fitting an aftermarket regulator in the space occupied by the factory German regulator without severely restricting the power. 

2A6D0726-081F-4669-B7DC-B4D9E6CB5667.1616176636.jpeg

It looks like there is a little room for the tank to move to accommodate a regulator. I have no idea if that is enough room to fit one inline. The full tank for reference:

C12B8B99-311F-4734-BDBE-39D6B15085C3.1616176793.jpeg

Hi AUGrad, thanks for the photographes. I like your idea and ask myself, if a HUMA inline regulator may fit in between the bottle and the valve block? - www.huma-air.com/400-500-CC-Bottle-Regulator -. Does anybody knows what kind of thread is used by Walther to screw the bottle into the valve block. Maybe the empty space on the righthand side of the bottle is big enough to compensate for the additional regulator. The inline regulator requires 58 mm / 0,228 inch. In such a case it would be necessary to modify the stock to create the openings for the additional second gage and new Foster fill port. I think I have to open up my gun again.

1. Is the Walther Reign an inexpensive PCP air gun, yes.

2. Is it a high quality air gun, for its price, yes.

3. Does it have ALL of the bells and whistles of high dollar, three and four times the cost of the Reign, air guns, no.

4. Does the (USA version) Reign have an air regulator, no. See note #3 !

5. Does it pretend to be something that it not, no.

6. Is the Reign a fun shooter, yes.

Nuff said.

Mike

The question is who makes the regulator for the 60 joule version and how does one order it separately here in the states. Also, does the hammer spring require modification to work with that regulator? I am less interested in increasing the power of the Reign and am looking to flatten the shot curve.
I'm curious if Umarex Gauntlet bottle and reg would thread in where the current bottle is. I'm sure it will not fit, but maybe you can modify the stock to allow for the tank to stick out the end. There is lots of how-to's on how to shim that reg to change the pressure. Ideally the new M2's come with them.

Hi , I'seen that the Umarex Walther Reign bullpup is available soon . What appeals me is its power : 44 Fpe in .22 cal , but I didn't find much technical informations about : barrel brand , (Lothar Walther maybe but not sure ) and , more important : is it regulated or not?

If anybody knows a bit more about what shoud be an interesting bullpup…..

I just bought one . It is not regulated and does have a Lothar Walter barrel .
This gun is very pressure sensitive. If you fill to 175 bar you will get valve lock and your fps will drop off because the hammer is
working against the high pressure in the valve .
I found the best groups came at 130 bar or 1800- 1900 psi using JSB 18.13 gr . Pellets ( .24 five shot group at 50 yards . Could not find my bullet radar so I don't have any fps data .