Walther parrus shooting high

Recd a Parrus for Christmas. Have shot about 150+ round thru it. From day one seemed to shoot high. I have rear sight adjusted all the way down, no further adj is possible. Front sight is fixed. I have read other reviews with similar complaint. Anything I can do or am I destined to mount a scope? Groups are tight, gun seems accurate, just shoots 2”high at 20 yds. Was I going 18 gr pellet, and order 14 and 21 grain to test.

I have no answer, but following since my Parrus' rear-sight needs to be pushed all the way to the right to be centered on the front post.

Front sight just pops off too easily.

I swear, everything I buy from Umarex (six+ guns now) ends up being a fall-apart piece-of-junk.

I gave them another chance recently, and they "failed" again. Even with such fine names as "Walther", Umarex just can't seem, in my experience, make a reliable gun.

It's the last time I'll make that mistake. Now, you couldn't GIVE me something Umarex-made. :(

You know I've never even tried using the sight that came with the Parrus....heck I had a scope before I had the gun 😅.

So far I shot a few hundred shots through it and am very pleased with my purchase. I've also learned that the gun is the cheapest part of this hobby, but really, that's any hobby.

Enjoy the journey and don't focus on obtaining an ultimate end goal, just have fun getting there.

Random lame thought but put a straight edge on the barrel block to check if maybe your barrel is bent up. Might also have a look at the crown if you can see it and make sure nothing wrong there. Screwy breech seal might also be causing the barrel to lock up higher than it should be if it's sticking out too much at the bottom forcing the barrel up.

Never seen the gun to know whether it's a wedge or ball lockup but that being off can also affect how the barrel locks and force it up a hair.

All small stuff but all play a part in things.

I appreciate everyone's comments and input. I'm going to contact Umarex and see what they say. Gun seems plenty accurate for my needs, just always shots high.....at least out to 75 yds. I keep thinking scope, but again, I,doing baby scopes have THAT much adjustment. Playing around with the mounts, shimming etc seems like an unnecessary effort to get a brand new rifle to shot properly. Perhaps I can remove rear sight and modify the sight base to,sit lower...but why.....its a brand new gun?!

Sometimes the elevation and/or windage of the poi is affected very much by the pellet. 

For example: my diana 36 will shoot heavy lead pellets about 4 to 6 inches higher than it does lightweight alloy pellets at 10m. The difference is so much that I have to bend the barrel to make the poi suit the range of adjustability of the sights/scope; which is aggravating since that means I have to set up the gun for one pellet only and have to go through the process of bending the barrel and resighting the sight/scope just to shoot a different pellet. Sometimes, springers can be cantankerous and it can be that particular gun, not the manufacturer, engineering or guys on the factory floor.

so, experiment with different pellets is what I have to suggest and then consider barrel bending.

Just wondering if a typical Airgun scope would have nearly enough adjustment to bring point of impact to point of aim, with current offset of 2-3 inches at 20 yds. My experience with typical scopes is that they probably do not.

My Hawke scope has 20 MRAD of vertical & horizontal adjustment in 1/10 MRAD clicks. Assume reticle is centered to start then you would have 100 clicks up/down & right/left to align the scope. https://us.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-30-sf-compact-4-16x44-amx-ir.html 

Sometimes the elevation and/or windage of the poi is affected very much by the pellet. 

For example: my diana 36 will shoot heavy lead pellets about 4 to 6 inches higher than it does lightweight alloy pellets at 10m. The difference is so much that I have to bend the barrel to make the poi suit the range of adjustability of the sights/scope; which is aggravating since that means I have to set up the gun for one pellet only and have to go through the process of bending the barrel and resighting the sight/scope just to shoot a different pellet. Sometimes, springers can be cantankerous and it can be that particular gun, not the manufacturer, engineering or guys on the factory floor.

so, experiment with different pellets is what I have to suggest and then consider barrel bending.

I think this is very good advice. Another thing you might be able to do if after using different pellets and your POI is still high, is to carefully file the top of your rear sight blade. Of course you would have to make sure that the adjustment knob/wheel won’t be obstructing your sight picture.

Bending the barrel to compensate to sight POI trajectory difference normally bend the barrel up to compensate for typical airgun barrel droop even with fixed barrel guns as well it's common when using medium to higher magnification scopes that you want to optically center or not run out of elevation adjustment but in this case the OP needs to bend his barrel down. Low magnification scopes typically have enough elevation and most shooters either don't know nor care to optically center their scopes nor lap their scope rings anyway to even bother and just crank their elevation all the way up.