Walther Maximathor

I've wondered why this rifle hasn't been more popular, it's power is great, it's looks are even better (My opinion), it's not regulated as far as I know, but it has a Lothar Walther barrel, a simple metal magazine, it's a bit heavy, but otherwise a great rifle, and for the $900 I paid after shipping, a pretty good deal. Any idea why this beauty wasn't all that popular? And any scope recommendations would be appreciated. I just got mine on Monday, and I'm smitten. 

I have one and I think it's way too overpriced for what you get. It's essentially a $199-$250 (with discount when shopping smart) co2 based Umarex RWS-Hammerli 850 converted to a HPA tube power bumped up and a wooden stock. Even it's brother the $379-$449 (with discount when shopping smart) Walther Rotex RM8 I think is overpriced as well but not as bad since Umarex lowered its price and offered discount codes when ordering which is the bottle fed lower powered version of that same gun.

I have both stock co2 850s and HPA converted ones and there isn't much difference and the wood stocks are the only major differences with the overpriced (IMHO) relabeled guns.

The magazines and their cycling mechanism is a weak link in their engineering so be aware it may get fiddly over time.

Gee thanks guys, but it appears that I'm some kind of dumbass. I know that I probably paid too much, I knew about the AoA listing, but they are out of stock, and so is everyone else, in fact I had a heck of a time finding one. I did find find one, and I was aghast to find out that my fellow airgunners have valued My gun as a $300 gun, wow, Apparently I should have bought a gamo urban, or a umarex origin.

Nevermind the Minelli stock, nevermind the Lothar walther barrel, nevermind the German pedigree, nevermind the power factor that I've chrono'd that puts my Maurader and to shame, and it groups well too. I'm neither rich, nor do I own every PCP, I own about 20 springer, and a dozen PCP 's, I'm hardly a noob. I bought this rifle because it appeals to my classicist sensibilities, if I wanted to overpay, I could always buy an FX.

Thanks for the scope recommendations, but I've got an element on order from Pyramid. 

Since you mention yours shoots fantastic...

Just In case you want spares to balance out the price paid for your first Maximathor Its currently $310.80 at UmarexUSA with 20% NRA2020 discount code and $120 for the 1250 Dominator synthetic stocked version.

If sold out just keep trying they may put out couple daily so nobody hoards them to resell.

https://www.umarexusa.com/

Screenshot_2020-12-15-13-35-532.1608075867.png
Screenshot_2020-12-15-13-37-082.1608075867.png
Screenshot_2020-12-15-13-39-082.1608075889.png
Screenshot_2020-12-15-13-38-282.1608075889.png