• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Walther LP500 Expert grip sizing

I did consider the Walther LP500-M Meister Manufaktur version with the 5d grip. But I’m not completely sure what, other than the color and grip, differentiates this model from the expert. 

Which leads us to Walther’s marketing… “Meister Manufaktur” just rubs me the wrong way. It’s kinda like saying, “You know, our other pistols are really good, but this one, yeah, this one - we really made right.” 

Something probably got lost in translation or I’m just reading it wrong :) 

As far as Olympic PCP pistols go, Walther makes super nice stuff, no doubt. Honestly, at this level, all of the big names make nice stuff so it all comes down to preference, really. 

Other than the grip, everything else seems to be cosmetic.

- On the pistol with the shrouded barrel, you can reduce the sight radius ? I guess could come handy for newer shooter, as it would reduce the perceived shaking.(or if you need to comply with certain rules)

Agree that at a certain point, they all work the same and it's a matter of preference. I shoot a Steyr because I got a stupid deal that I couldn't pass up. The wife shoots a FWB and she's happy with it. Heck, at our old club, a guy would often come with a older Walther CPM-1... and to be honest, when I got to try it, I shot the same scores (proof that I can be just as bad a shot, no matter the equipment ;-)

I really like the option of shortening the sight radius on the shroud of the LP500 - it's a useful feature for me. At the end of the day, I'm a duffer with AP if we're being completely honest.

Between the Walther and Steyr, I'm not sure which one would be "better" for me - not sure if it would make a bit of difference. I'm 100% sure both will outshoot me for the rest of my natural life. 

How does it go? - what's the difference between a man and a boy: The cost of its toy...

I don't think you could really go wrong with any of them, as long as you like the feel of the grip. On look alone, I think the FWB P44 and Steyr LP1 look best (I like the pencil barrel look). And while I'm sure the new electronic triggers are reliable, I still prefer the mechanical one (something to do with friends who ended up with paperweight-Walther-FP because of a dead board)

Being able to adjust the width and debt of the rear sight is a real nice feature of the Walther... But thinking out loud. On the plain-jane LP500 rear sight, there are easily accessible knobs for windage/elevation. On the LP500 Expert (and other shrouded barrel) I can't seem to either get a clear picture or see the knobs. Do they use an allen key for adjustment?

Yeah, and that is kind of a downside (or could be) I guess. The expert is not a tool less venture for sight adjustment and does in fact require a key. Then again, when the sights adjusted, it's pretty much adjusted, you know? On my other guns I've never really said "Man I feel weird today, lets go two clicks right on that rear blade", so I guess using a key is OK. 

I also like the idea of the easy width adjustment of the rear blade (new ones are not required) to match the easy (just twist it for a smaller profile) front sight adjustment.

In any case, we'll see cause I just pulled the trigger and ordered one with a medium grip!

In any case, we'll see cause I just pulled the trigger and ordered one with a medium grip!

Congrat! Keep us posted on how you like it!

Being able to easily adjust the width of the rear sight is nice. I like to have lots of room... much easier to just twist a screw (like the Walther) than have to take a file to it (like I did on my M52 bullseye pistol).

I don't click all that much, specially in practice, unless I'm switching from a different batch of pellet (H&N Sport/RWS Basic for practice, to H&N Match) but I find my self often clicking minor adjustment while shooting sighters for a match. Maybe I've got different shoes on, maybe the lighting is different, maybe I got my shooting glass on slightly different...

lp500-comp.1647980823.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I like it. Filled it up yesterday and shot until my arm was weak from holding it up. 

Reactions: shausen