Walther LGV

Just picked up a couple of these guns. Never owned one before and haven't shot either yet. Ones in .177 the other is .22. Unfortunately, no open sights on the synthetic stock gun.

From reading about them they may be a decent gun.

Anyone have any opinions on these things?

20240421_063903.jpg

The factory trigger is its only downfall. Aside from that they are absolutely fantasic guns. Rowen Engineering makes a replacement trigger for the gun that improves it 10 fold. Here's the link:

The factory trigger is its only downfall. Aside from that they are absolutely fantasic guns. Rowen Engineering makes a replacement trigger for the gun that improves it 10 fold. Here's the link:

Thanks! That is the only thing I've read so far that is the downfall... I'll have to order one

The synthetic one is basically brand new. The wood one has a couple marks on the barrel.

I bought a collection of stuff and have been going through it. Neither have the typical scratches at the breech block from cocking them. So they are either new, or really low shot count.
Thats awesome man. Congrats! If you're ever looking to let one go and its in .177 I've been eyeballing one for a FT gun

Reactions: 1900colt
I have a 22 synthetic and an LGU in 177...
I've heard no complaints about accuracy or shot cycle and both mine are quite accurate. They both came right at 12 ft lb, so not as powerful as some others but very nice to shoot. The LGU has more vibration but isn't obnoxious. The triggers won't be as light as the TX or Rekord but they are still crisp and very useable/decent. I put a Rowan on my LGU and use it for springer FT where it/we are pretty competitive.
I've had a Mk1 and Mk3 TX but those are gone and LGU is still here...

My $0.02
Bob

I have a 22 synthetic and an LGU in 177...
I've heard no complaints about accuracy or shot cycle and both mine are quite accurate. They both came right at 12 ft lb, so not as powerful as some others but very nice to shoot. The LGU has more vibration but isn't obnoxious. The triggers won't be as light as the TX or Rekord but they are still crisp and very useable/decent. I put a Rowan on my LGU and use it for springer FT where it/we are pretty competitive.
I've had a Mk1 and Mk3 TX but those are gone and LGU is still here...

My $0.02
Bob
I have a 12fpe .177 LGU that is easily the most reliably accurate FT gun that I own. Instead I shoot with a 97K or TX200 just because I dont want to scratch a hard to replace gun. My eyes have been peeled for a beater LGU for awhile now though

I own a Lvg..I bought it off a guy years ago locally for 100 bux. He had used the rifle to shoot pigeons and fed them to his falcon. He had to surrender the falcon do to medical reasons and got out of falconry.

First time shootin the thing I couldn't believe how sweet it shot. Almost like a tuned rifle.

I also bought 2 outdoor patio tables he had made. I stll have them.

Enjoy your new guns.