• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Walther LGV trigger hang up

Not sure if this will help, but. The safety on mine was a bit finicky, i would sort of get stuck and such.

Early on I had decided to install a Rowan Engineering trigger, which I did. But upon assembly of all that, I could not get the safety to work at all. So I simply just left it out. I'm not sure that changing the trigger was a good idea, as the new one is beautiful, but either I don't know how to set it or what. It works, it just feels a little hard to pull, but it does break cleanly. 

You could disassemble the whole thing and polish all the internals.

Yeah, lgv triggers. Not the greatest things in the world. Unlike rekord trigger, lgv trigger bites the first sear and hangs. No returning to beginning. To me that is no true first stage at all. Also the safety works with all sears in the group so after the first sear biting, it could be possible the trigger group returning to the beginning by forcing the safety to engage. It may not be smooth.

Btw, lgv can reset the safety on and off anytime and I kinda like it. hw and tx, you have to re cock it to reset safety as you already know.

Even I like my lgv but wish it had a rekord trigger with it.

As intenseaty mentioned, you can polish the internals, but I do not think it will remove first stage hanging away even with rowan.

just my 2 cents. Good luck.

GMW97K,

The trigger hang up may be due to too much tension on the “tension” screw located behind the trigger. I had a similar issue. Loosening that screw fixed my issue. 

My LGV’s trigger isn’t as good as my R7, but it is a lot better after my Yankee adjustment screw mod (see below). It is cheep, easy and you don’t disassemble the trigger. PM me if you have any questions. 

After I adjust the trigger on any of my airguns, I cock, load, point the barrel in a safe direction and bang the rifle butt on a rifle rest to verify the trigger sear isn’t too light. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Randy

1- Yankee trigger tune link
https://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/archives/12-2014

2- screw from Home Depot

4c7e4b018ae6a49aa91e1191b7da4753.jpg

3- Dremel accessory

877d1338144542db9b0cc11ecf72bfd8.jpg

073af689d41aa23e0260178d86ef15a2.jpg

I shaped the screw point to to a round convex point using the Dremel accessory and polished the point with 600 grit emory cloth. My son had a R.C fuel line I used for a washer. The mode was easy and effective. 

Thank you guys for all the info and fixes. Ive been shooting it alot lately and if i push the safety gently to the fire position and not to for forward i have hardly any hang ups. So i'll do it that way for now. But i am going to do some adjusting on trigger pull weight down the road. Thanks again and appreciate the yankee screw fix too Randy