Walther LGV .177

I was given a Walther LGV Challenger in .177 to shoot for a while. I know very little about this gun except it has a extremely smooth shot cycle and an amazing trigger. It was used so I don’t know if any tuning has been done to it. Does anyone have experience with this gun in original form? What do you think about it? I like it a lot. I’m thinking about offering to buy it. What’s a good used price? Bluing is perfect, stock is a bit beat up.

The LGV is one of the best made break barrels no longer produced as is it’s under-lever brother the LGU. It is equivalent to the HW95 or better. The rifle can range in price from 400-600 in good condition and depending on configuration, maybe more given current inflation.

I have the Master in .177. It is the smoothest and most accurate of my break barrels. The locking mechanism and Delrin floated piston contribute a lot to its performance.

-Marty

No longer made, but it has a very loyal following. I was thinning the herd and had to choose between a TX200 and an LGU, the underlever version of this gun, and kissed the TX good by.
The trigger needs help but other than that, it is a top shelf shooter.
I have one of them Rowan trigger kits in my LGU and its 100000x better than factory

After reading all of your posts this morning, I decided to put it on paper at 25yds. Once sighted in, I noticed PCP accuracy even when supporting with shooting bags. Went straight out to 80, which is as far as I can go in my yard. I have a 2” plate out there and by the 3rd shot I was hitting it every time. I’m a high end pcp guy, but this springer has got me hooked.

Reactions: fishing43
A few pictures of this Diamond in the rough. I love to see a gun that has been used for its intended purpose. Used, not abused. Scratched up, but well maintained. I had a scope mounted, but it was moving all over the place. I need to get some rings with a scope stop. Any recommendations on a good mount? I have a nice 30mm scope for it.
1E2BB56E-2CCC-41CB-B92C-7B74FDF10615.jpeg
7C73F521-187A-47EC-AE8F-99E9D2713B09.jpeg
E3B78A4A-7E88-4F91-9239-BA292FC6B85B.jpeg
BFE4EA37-7E61-4A87-B8AA-AC38005501A9.jpeg
BA9989E9-752F-4D6F-A2D9-35A507AF2470.jpeg

Reactions: 808spitdr
I use a BKL single piece 30mm mount on one of my rifles. It doesn't have a stop pin but the clamp design is really secure and does not slide. The double-strap mounts also don't move and might be a good option.
The Sportsmatch 2- piece mounts are well made but I have found that the BKLs allow for the scope to be mounted closer to center of the rail. I recently picked up a Sportsmatch 1-piece adjustable 1" mount and its very well made.