Walther LGU (.22), the rifle that started it all for me

My Walther LGU (.22) was the very first air rifle I ever purchased, way back in late 2017. It's been an absolute workhorse from day one, and has proven itself time and again from the bench and the field. A treasured and well-used pillar in my collection. 

The only modification I've done is replace the rather disappointing plastic trigger blade (and its limited adjustability) with the far superior Rowan Engineering unit. Trigger breaks at 14 oz. 

eog1nxgqize71.1627929881.jpg

tgwpxn9rize71.1627929922.jpg

9uoengzrize71.1627929963.jpg

ugxmfnlsize71.1627930102.jpg

x50cf1stize71.1627930115.jpg

I never understood how they could build such a elegant and well made rifle and then put a plastic trigger blade on it. That's insane to even try to understand. I get it completely when your talking about Gamo or Crosman but I think that was a serious mistake on thier part. It actually prevented me from buying it in 2018. I kind of regret that decision now but oh well. That trigger you put on there looks amazing. Did it improve the trigger functionality or is it just cosmetic? 

I never understood how they could build such a elegant and well made rifle and then put a plastic trigger blade on it. That's insane to even try to understand. I get it completely when your talking about Gamo or Crosman but I think that was a serious mistake on thier part. It actually prevented me from buying it in 2018. I kind of regret that decision now but oh well. That trigger you put on there looks amazing. Did it improve the trigger functionality or is it just cosmetic?

The UK import featured a fully adjustable metal trigger, in part because the importer/distributor insisted on it. The plastic blade is, for its part, pretty rugged....much like the polymer blade of a Glock. 

The Rowan Engineering blade added more adjustability to the stages, plus it's fully adjustable to angle of pull, etc. 

You have one sweet rifle! How they discontinued this rifle is beyond my knowledge. I believe l bought the last LGU in Canada. Mine is the Varmint. I’ve decided when I build a stock from scratch, I’m replicating my Varmint. I have several springers, I would have to say my LGU is most reliable, accurate and feels great. Seriously want to change the trigger. Can’t imagine this gun shooting better. 
Could an handy amateur install the trigger? Crow 

You have one sweet rifle! How they discontinued this rifle is beyond my knowledge. I believe l bought the last LGU in Canada. Mine is the Varmint. I’ve decided when I build a stock from scratch, I’m replicating my Varmint. I have several springers, I would have to say my LGU is most reliable, accurate and feels great. Seriously want to change the trigger. Can’t imagine this gun shooting better. 

It’s really not difficult. And makes a world of difference. Myself and I’m sure many other members can walk you through it 

It’s really not difficult. And makes a world of difference. Myself and I’m sure many other members can walk you through it

+1

Another 5 minutes I’m gonna ask you stop talking.

Is this the trigger made by Eric Pianetti? Crow

You mean Eric Pianori and no the Rowan Engineering trigger is not made/designed by Eric. You can only get his triggers directly from him. 

I have Eric's triggers in both of my LGVs. I also have the Rowan trigger but I've never used it. They aren't better or worse, it just depends on what you want.

I don't know what the pull weight is on my triggers but its hair trigger light for sure; yet it still passes the bump test for safety.

My LGVs are without doubt my favorite guns in my collection. They are more accurate than my Diana 56 and HW97kt.

If I miss my target with my LGVs, its my fault every time.

Besides the accuracy, My favorite feature on the LGVs is the barrel/breach lock. I hate having to slap a barrel on a break barrel springer in order to cock it.

Thank you for the kind words Mossonarock

The Rowan and my trigger are very comparable, but they use a different approach. The pull weight now with my new design is down to 3.5 oz, with first and second stage operational, and the safety works as expected. This is a link to a video of the first batches of trigger where the pull weight was down to about 7 oz. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvndvLfzug0

There is also a blog from a well known international Filed Target shooter, Hector Medina that actually compares my trigger to the Rowan trigger. 

https://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/new-super-custom-trigger-for-the-walther-lgulgv

Examples of some of the triggers I make. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you, 

Eric

20200520_230940.1632496162.jpg

20201116_200546.1632496204.jpg

2 Untitled.1632496624.jpg