• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

walther cp88 competition co2 low power

Hello everyone im new to this forum.I just got this co2 handgun walther walther cp88 competition co2 and i was expecting much more out of it.I thought that it could break a glass bottle at 10 yards , or penetrate a water bottle at the same distance.I tried doing the aforementioned and it failed.However i had success when i brought the barrel very close to a listerine(mouthwash) bottle , the pellet didnt pass throught the bottle , but it stayed inside (it passed only the one side).Is there anything wrong with the gun or this is how its supposed to work?Thanks in advance!
23a066d2685bea9cad1196e3481e2b83.jpg

BBs are made of steel. Pellets are made of lead. The pistol in question has less than 4 foot pounds of muzzle energy, and at 10 yards it is under 2 foot pounds. That will not break a coke bottle! It might (?) if the projectile was a steel BB, but you can't shoot BBs in that specific pistol. 

Big5 has a CO2, Beeman rifle on sale for $99 this week. There is even an on line coupon for additional savings. That CO2 rifle is closer to 7 foot pounds at the muzzle, and will easily break a coke bottle at 10 yards. You get what you pay for. If you want something better, but not spend a lot, buy a Benjamin 397 or 392. And I wouldn't think about a Nitro piston anything.