HW/Weihrauch Walnut hw97 are in at aoa...

How much is a stock from them shipped and everything? Would it be cheaper just to get the stock one?
No. You’ll spend about $300 less if you buy the walnut HW97.

The CS700 with grip cap and select walnut was $440 shipped to my door. If I had skipped the select walnut and the grip cap it probably would have been around $370. The CS700 is a thumbhole stock and there are cheaper ones as well, but you’re looking at at least $300 for one.

Personally, I just don’t like the looks of HW stocks. I love the guns, but I don’t think I could bring myself to pay the extra money for a walnut stock that I really don’t like.

After watching their website for a few months, I noticed early last week that AOA finally had .20 blue laminates in stock, so I ordered one.....then yesterday I saw this thread. I had totally missed there was a walnut stock option. My rifle was due to ship out today, but I phoned AOA this morning and asked if I could change my order and they said, "no problem." The person I spoke with told me someone had asked for a .20 blue laminate over the weekend and they had to tell them they were too late. I had ordered the last one. After they select and test my rifle, I will have a .20 walnut on the way and the other person will get the blue laminate they are looking for. It's my first experience with AOA and they have been fantastic.

I bought a preowned in new condition .177 cal last month for $495. from AOA with the intention of putting a custom stock on it. I had a .20 cal KT on preorder but got tired of waiting. The beech wood stock is a little goofy but it shoots like a one eyed snake. I could have saved myself $5K in PCP's if I would known it was this much fun.

I bought a preowned in new condition .177 cal last month for $495. from AOA with the intention of putting a custom stock on it. I had a .20 cal KT on preorder but got tired of waiting. The beech wood stock is a little goofy but it shoots like a one eyed snake. I could have saved myself $5K in PCP's if I would known it was this much fun.
I’ve got some nice PCPs, but 80% of my shooting is with springers and probably half of that is with my HW95.

How much is a stock from them shipped and everything?
I ordered this lefty from CSStocks Ltd a couple years ago. It has just about every option they offer on it. So it’s on the upper end, price wise. It was under $500 to my door, if memory serves. I bought several. I did sell the factory wood thumbhole stock for $200. So a difference of less than $300. But the wood thumbhole version has gone up quite a bit since.
2C79A618-D711-4BA7-AC09-BF19266B492A.jpeg

I ordered this lefty from CSStocks Ltd a couple years ago. It has just about every option they offer on it. So it’s on the upper end, price wise. It was under $500 to my door, if memory serves. I bought several. I did sell the factory wood thumbhole stock for $200. So a difference of less than $300. But the wood thumbhole version has gone up quite a bit since.View attachment 460364
That is a lovely rifle! Does CS do well in the inletting? Are they tightly fitted; I hate gaps!

If I had your or AGR's skills, I would try to whittle some of my beech ambi HW into a roll over comb, right-handed configuration. The refinishing of beech scares me. I really hate ambi stocks.

Does CS do well in the inletting?
Stock screws on Springers constantly loosen. When they do accuracy falls off, giving a warning to tighten them back up. I have seen to many tight fitting stocks blow up at the first indication of loose screws. They need the room to move. CS does it right.

After watching their website for a few months, I noticed early last week that AOA finally had .20 blue laminates in stock, so I ordered one.....then yesterday I saw this thread. I had totally missed there was a walnut stock option. My rifle was due to ship out today, but I phoned AOA this morning and asked if I could change my order and they said, "no problem." The person I spoke with told me someone had asked for a .20 blue laminate over the weekend and they had to tell them they were too late. I had ordered the last one. After they select and test my rifle, I will have a .20 walnut on the way and the other person will get the blue laminate they are looking for. It's my first experience with AOA and they have been fantastic.
I have purchased several guns from AOA and its always been great.

Hello all, first timer here...and unfortunately a bit of an issue. I received this gun and it appears the trigger guard area was milled incorrectly, removing too much wood at the back of trigger guard. The rear screw can't be tightened as there is nothing for the guard to rest on. It's looking like an RMA situation. Anyone else with this problem?

damage.jpg

damage 2.jpg

IMG_0865.JPG

The front screw is tightened to twice the torque of the rear screw so this might not be as bad a problem as it seems. I just had a 97 apart and cannot for the life of me remember if it was like this. I think that I can see the threads of the "captive" (not always!) nut and so the fact that you cannot tighten the rear screw does indeed indicate this stock needs to be replaced or glassed.

Reactions: Bandito