• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Walmart compressor

I bought a pcp compressor for <$185 at Walmart and it works great so far. I also have a gx cs2/3 but the new one from wallyworld fills my guns in <1/4 of the time of the gx. I wanted it a little more travel friendly so I added my own cooling system consisting of 2"pvc a new water pump(fits inside 2"pvc)2 radiators with 3 cooling fans. Working great so far.

20230411_081958.jpg

20230411_081937.jpg

20230411_081948.jpg

20230411_081924.jpg

great idea for cooling , tube or bottle guns ?
A benjamin marauder gen 1, Benjamin marauder sam, umarex gauntlet 30 and hopefully soon a western airguns rattler .357. The western will have to wait since I've just spent about $2000 on pcps and accessories in the last month. But if I sell some things....

Takes 7 min with gx to top off umarex from 2700 up to 4500 new one takes less than 2 minutes even with the large air dryer tube added on

That is pretty darned fast. I haven't timed it but I am pretty sure my Yong Heng isn't that fast with just the small black filter and an extra small blue one, and it is essentially the same compressor you have. Is there a brand name on yours?

Is this the one you got?

Reactions: mb94952
I bought my so-called Yong Heng, compressor at Walmart along with the 3 year extended warranty. Well, after 2 1/2 years it doesn't pump very high in pressure so I bought it back. It turns out that the warranty is with a third party. I called them and they were sort of helpful and said that I have to have it repaired locally and send them the bill for reimbursement. Really? I have to do all the work and run around looking for someone to repair a $300 Chinese compressor. I doubt, in this hick town, that anyone wants to look at this, but if they did, the repair cost would exceed the value of the product. I should have known not to buy any extended warranties. They are a rip off.

Reactions: mb94952 and SteveV
I bought my so-called Yong Heng, compressor at Walmart along with the 3 year extended warranty. Well, after 2 1/2 years it doesn't pump very high in pressure so I bought it back. It turns out that the warranty is with a third party. I called them and they were sort of helpful and said that I have to have it repaired locally and send them the bill for reimbursement. Really? I have to do all the work and run around looking for someone to repair a $300 Chinese compressor. I doubt, in this hick town, that anyone wants to look at this, but if they did, the repair cost would exceed the value of the product. I should have known not to buy any extended warranties. They are a rip off.
Mine came with extra seals etc. Have you tried replacing anything. These are fairly easy to work on.

Yes that's the one

Thanks Frito169!

I noticed that on Walmert.com they don't offer an extended warranty anymore on this product. I look at my Yong Heng essentially like tires for my car - a throw away when it wears out item. I get 2 1/2 years out of it and can't fix it, I will just buy another one rather than spending $2500 on a high end pump. I am going to buy one of the $175 Walmart ones as a backup / loaner.

I have not worked on mine, but it seems pretty straight forward to rebuild the pump and as Frito169 said, it likely came with repair parts. I would imagine any small engine repair guy could fix it for you if you ordered the parts for him, if you aren't at ease tearing it apart yourself.

These are about as easy as it gets to work on.
I do understand your frustration with Wallyworld and the warranty, but in today's world Most extended warranties are Not worth the paper they are written on...

There are Many youtube videos on repairing these little compressors, parts are dirt cheap for them and you only need a couple of tools to do even the most in depth repair.

2 1/2 years is pretty good life and more than likely you need to replace the piston and rod assy and she would be good as new!

Link to the piston and rod assy parts, everything you need but oil and tools and about 30mins of time

Reactions: jps2486
Thanks Frito169!

I noticed that on Walmert.com they don't offer an extended warranty anymore on this product. I look at my Yong Heng essentially like tires for my car - a throw away when it wears out item. I get 2 1/2 years out of it and can't fix it, I will just buy another one rather than spending $2500 on a high end pump. I am going to buy one of the $175 Walmart ones as a backup / loaner.

I have not worked on mine, but it seems pretty straight forward to rebuild the pump and as Frito169 said, it likely came with repair parts. I would imagine any small engine repair guy could fix it for you if you ordered the parts for him, if you aren't at ease tearing it apart yourself.
If you want to send it to me I'll repair it, give you an invoice and you can pay me if they pay you. I would only ask you pay for shipping and parts until you receive payment.
Nice setup. Can you describe the cooling system? Using water? What is the radiator make and model?
I use the premix coolant for cars. The parts are in attached pics

Screenshot_20230411_103835_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230411_103900_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230411_103943_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230411_103652_Chrome.jpg