Walmart banning Air Pistols and Rifles.

Our area Wal-Marts in North Mississippi have been marking down a few particular models of CO2 pistols, and one multi pump rifle but that's it. Everything else is still the same price. Break barrels, pellets everything else, same price as before.

About 2 weeks ago they did however mark "ALL" pistol ammo and .223 / 5.56 ammo HALF OFF.
And when it was sold out they will not be replacing it.
So as of now, Wal-Mart doesn't sell pistol ammo or anything to fit a .223 / 5.56 rifle.

Ray

About 2 weeks ago they did however mark "ALL" pistol ammo and .223 / 5.56 ammo HALF OFF.
And when it was sold out they will not be replacing it.
So as of now, Wal-Mart doesn't sell pistol ammo or anything to fit a .223 / 5.56 rifle.

Ray

I bought all the 9mm in our local Walmart when they did that. I had to go buy a 9mm to shoot it out of though....always been a 1911 .45 fan

Yes, I noticed that also. I have quit shopping at Walmart recently since they have decided to go with the left leaning folks, who want to take away my right to protect myself, these days. I quit shopping at Dicks sporting goods when they decided to go the same way and get rid of their Ar15 rifles, some years back as well. They don't really need my business anyway.

Reactions: guod123
A few years back I was in a Walmart in upstate NY. They were having a sale on ammo. I attempted to buy .357 ammo. The clerk asked to see my pistol permit. I told him that I didn't own a pistol and the ammunition was for a lever action rifle. He said he wouldn't be able to sell it to me because it was handgun ammunition. I saw there was also bricks of .22 long rifle ammo on sale. I said to him, what about the 22 cal cartridges? He said, oh sure I could sell you those. I said... well don't they make pistols and rifles in .22. He didn't know what to say.

I guess I went a bit off topic but my point is they have people making idiotic decisions on issues they know nothing about. All in the name of political correctness. It's a shame. 

Yes, I noticed that also. I have quit shopping at Walmart recently since they have decided to go with the left leaning folks, who want to take away my right to protect myself, these days. I quit shopping at Dicks sporting goods when they decided to go the same way and get rid of their Ar15 rifles, some years back as well. They don't really need my business anyway.

Don’t patronize Walmart because they built their whole model on an American product sold at a fair price, putting thousands upon thousands of mom and pop business of all kinds out of business, and then went to a Chinese product sold for the max the area market will allow. I don’t think you should blame the left though, over a store not selling certain ammo (the kind used to kill their own customers), or selling not selling AR’s when any regular gun store in town will be happy to sell you one. And Dick’s prices are usually the highest on arms anyway, so no big loss. 

A supposed liberal state couldn’t take 10 rounds out of a magazine, when a guy shot over 20 first graders, so you know, you can’t shoot so many children at a time without reloading. Nothing happened. A guy in Texas was denied a firearm, bought one private sale requiring no pre-check, then he killed a bunch of people. A fair amount of the state was fairly upset by this, the governor went on television and said we must do something. Then exactly nothing was done or even proposed. So don’t worry one bit that the government is about to take all your firearms, because a democrat got or gets elected. No one is taking away your constitutional right to “protect yourself.” They still sport shoot in the UK, they hunt in Australia and Germany. You can still protect your home with a firearm. It’s too late for the people to rise up and overthrow the government, that might have been possible when we all had cannon and muzzleloaders, but that ship has sailed. Best to go meet your officials who represent you, even if they wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire, advocate for the issues you feel are important, and attempt to hold people accountable. 

Since 2000 I've seen these "walmart stops selling airguns" seemingly as a nationwide policy. 20 years of "stopping" and yet they still have the latest greatest but by all means do rush out and.................................

John

The only ‘latest greatest’ I ever saw at Walmart was junk made in China. 

We should all ‘slash’ purchasing anything at Walmart!! But that is my opinion only I suppose. Never really saw the attraction and therefore I don’t do business with them, well uh except for taking them my used motor oil to recycle. In the side door of the auto shop and then I am gone! Walmart can kiss my *** 

Same as when they were blowing out all their pistol caliber ammo at <50% retail. If they are essentially paying me to take the stuff who am I to say no? I picked up a bunch this morning to use as gifts and giveaways. It looked like they had been slashing prices on some air rifles as well but according to the clerk they will just be selling different models. Just no more pistols.