W31 troubleshooting

I have a 1st stage pressure problem with my compressor. I sent a email to Alkin for parts help. I thought it may be interesting to ask what you all think. I thought it was a plugged gauge but it wasn’t. I tried cleaning the gauge and never got the gauge working with an external air source. I replaced the gauge with a 0-15psi gauge and started the compressor. The needle on the gauge spun making me realize the 1st stage pressures were wrong. I stopped the compressor and did the following. I installed a temporary 0-100psi gauge on the 1st stage for troubleshooting. I let the compressor run in a no load (valves open) to warm up the compressor. I then started a fill.

Alkin W 31-2-4500-PV2
Ser# 95-------
4.12 hours run time

The interstage pressures were
1st stage 35-40 psi (bouncing needle on gauge without glycerin)
2nd stage 38 psi.
Filled bottle to 4250 psi. 3rd stage pressure.

Does this sound like a 2nd stage valve not closing? Or the first stage discharge valve not seating?

I am very pleased with my compressor. I am not complaining or bashing. I thought this could be a learning opportunity for other users.

My first stage gauge "clogged" and stopped working around 4 hours as well. I emailed Matt at Alkin US and he said that sometimes this happens, nothing to be concerned about and will not affect the operation of the compressor. They offered to replace the gauge, I declined. It eventually fixed itself over time and has worked perfectly since. I'm around 12 hours on mine now.

Alkin service is the best I've ever experienced. Ayden is a pro and is more than helpful to customers.
That's my experience as well. Also had an issue with my first stage gauge (compressor was running & filling fine), emailed them & a new one was sent out the next business day.

Changed the oil & purifier filter media yesterday, one year to the day after taking delivery... just hit 7 hours.

I have a 1st stage pressure problem with my compressor. I sent a email to Alkin for parts help. I thought it may be interesting to ask what you all think. I thought it was a plugged gauge but it wasn’t. I tried cleaning the gauge and never got the gauge working with an external air source. I replaced the gauge with a 0-15psi gauge and started the compressor. The needle on the gauge spun making me realize the 1st stage pressures were wrong. I stopped the compressor and did the following. I installed a temporary 0-100psi gauge on the 1st stage for troubleshooting. I let the compressor run in a no load (valves open) to warm up the compressor. I then started a fill.

Alkin W 31-2-4500-PV2
Ser# 95-------
4.12 hours run time

The interstage pressures were
1st stage 35-40 psi (bouncing needle on gauge without glycerin)
2nd stage 38 psi.
Filled bottle to 4250 psi. 3rd stage pressure.

Does this sound like a 2nd stage valve not closing? Or the first stage discharge valve not seating?

I am very pleased with my compressor. I am not complaining or bashing. I thought this could be a learning opportunity for other users.
4.2 hours, that’s a lot of fills! That’s about what I have on mine also.

Alkin service is the best I've ever experienced. Ayden is a pro and is more than helpful to customers.
@Humdinger Ayden is helpful, but he ain’t the only one. I had David on the phone during a holiday weekend working with me to solve an issue that I didn’t understand. And his attitude was great!

@oldsparky I was wondering why you were talking about psi. Glad you figured it out. I’ve had my share of issues due to misunderstandings about the unit. Good piece of equipment to keep around.