• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vulcan with JSB heavies MK1 (160 yards)

After getting my mag problem fixed in the Vulcan (link http://airgunnation.dev/topic/vulcan-with-mk1-heavies-cycling-problem/ ) I took it out today for a shoot. The wind was going crazy. Blowing all over the place at about 20 to 25 miles per hour. Started shooting the 25 grains followed by the 33.9 grains MK1 JSB's. Took shots at 80 yards and then put up my silhouette targets at 160 yards. These are between 3 inches to 5 inches. 

The 33.9 grains grouped far better at 80 yards than the 25 grains. Got groups which were a tad under an inch at 80 yards. The 25 grains went to about 1.5 to 2 inches. This was with 20 to 25 mile winds which were continuously changing directions. 

The good thing was that the 25 grains hit just one mil dot higher than the 33.9 grains. Both pellets hit in a straight vertical line. There was no left to right movement when I swapped pellets which means I don't need to re-zero the gun and I can use either the 33.9 grains or the 25 grains JSB without any problem.

What made my day was the shooting at 160 yards. The 25 grains hit a steel target 3.6 inches 5 out of 9 times in high winds. The 33.9 grains on the other hand hit the target 8 out of 9 times. Got these results consistently over and over again. Must have shot about 400 rounds today. 100 of those were the 25 grains and 300 for the 33.9 grains. 

The Vulcan is a shooter no doubt. But with the 33.9 grains, it's a TACK DRIVER at longer ranges. Super happy with this one. Will post some videos and pics next time I go to the range.

I haven't tried the JSB heavies yet but will be ordering some MKll's soon I hope to have the same luck. So far I've only been shooting the JSB 25g and have been getting excellent groups. Can't wait till end of May to purchase the black plastic stock to swap between my walnut,it will be better for hunting so I'm not scratching up the walnut stock.

"bornkiller"I have tried the mk11 with good results my Vulcan shoots them at 830fps accurately but the mk2 were lubed slightly it feels anyways I notice accuracy fell off I cleans the barrel bam singing again so I wonder if I wash them 

are the mk1 oiled? And what fps with your Vulcan ?
The MK1 came pre lubed. I can feel the oil on my fingers. Speed IS between 822 to 828 fps.