• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Vulcan Tactic .25 and Taipan Mutant .22 50 yard groups!

I had an opportunity for some range time this morning at beyond my normal 25 limit. I was at a 50 yd range with a little right to left wind.
I was pleasantly surprised by the accuracy of both, but astounded at the consistent repeatability of the mutant.
I do not want this to turn into a troll fest either. That said, I feel from an all around shooting perspective, the mutant wins.
Due mainly because of less weight, easier loading, magazine design/operation, and the trigger. 

The tactic did not seem to like the 25 gr JSB's compared to the JSB heavy mkII's. It is lights out accurate, but not as small a grouping capability as the mutant. 

Here are the tactic results. Each group is a full magazine worth.

and now the mutant each group is a full 12 shot mag's worth.

and last but not least, a group showing 24 (2 X mag's worth) the single flyer was me... I flinched when the guy next to me cut loose with a .375 H&H gun he was sighting in for a trip to Africa!

so status of m Vulcan is in limbo at the moment!!! Now if the mutant came in .25 that might be the ticket...

Got a chance to do some shot groups and pellet testing this weekend as well. Now i did shot at 75 yards and 100 yards but it was really windy and the results at 100 was almost embarrassing so i didn't share them. Don't know what happened with the 75 yard groups I know i was happy with them while shooting 1 inch groups maybe 1.5 at the most. But this video is just to add to Amoxom, post about the Tactic. https://youtu.be/lLGwPXFnPKg