Vulcan owners opinions?

I'm still going to have a look into the magazine.

Its worth trying it without to see what I mean. You can almost visualise the harsh plastic scraping against the probe when you switch back. I think it may be due to the spring load, as soon as the pellet leaves the mag the centre of the mag is trying to force its way round and then pushing sideways against the probe.

This I'd imagine is why people have had success with lube on the probe, the probe not able to grip the mag as easily.

ForumsOther Parts, Accessories, & Equipment › Vulcan Single Shot Tray on ebay-works great!

I started a thread on this sometime back after finding my tray on ebay. Several others have got them and seem to like them. A gentleman is using a 3D printer to make them and I must say they are pretty sturdy and do the trick. I did have to remove some material (very minor) with a little jewelers dremel but I would rather take material off than have to try to put it back on. Any questions on it drop me an PM if you like. Hope this helps.

$_1.JPG

I just went a looked at ebay evensteven101 and he has a newer version out that takes a bigger radius on the shoulder down to the bottom radius of the tray allowing pellets to roll down the ramp better. Pretty cool design. Nice to see some good ole American Ingenuity! (picture of older version like mine)

Ok, wasn't going to post it here as didn't want to ruin the OP's thread. If you want me to take it down OP, I will..

Love my Vulcan but the cocking has always annoyed me, probably the only gripe with the gun.

I know due to the design (ie no leverage) it's going to feel clunky but the other night I single loaded some pellets without the magazine and it was so much easier to load.

Looking closely at the mag under my loupe the left side of the pellet hole on the mag was showing signs of marking where the probe was going through. This was especially notable on the first pellet hole (the one under most Spring tension). 

Obviously when the probe is going through the spring tension is pushing the mag centre round and gripping the probe. The edges of the mag centre are sharp and angular, not ideal for something making its way through easily (hence the damage on the edges)

So, stripped the mag down and filed all the sharp edges of the mag centre and sanded them smooth. Mag back together with some silicone lube and it's so much better! Wish I'd done it months ago! Now the probe goes through without catching or scraping.

Here you can see the damage the probe was doing. Look at the pellet guide in the 5 o clock position, you can see where the probe is hitting it..

This shows how sharp the edges are 

File edges

Done

Reactions: FunGun
Thanks.

I tried adjusting the spring tension but it's having enough to index that last pellet.

There is 3 holes in the magazine for fitting the spring, guess they select the best based on the spring when building them.

My magazine was also slightly lazy on the last cycle and if you played with it out of the gun with no pellets you could get it to stick occasionally. That may explain why I had the odd occasion where I knew the gun wasn't empty but the cycling would jam (hitting the edge of the mag centre)

To get round this I lubed all the contact points of the mag parts and even where the spring runs to save any sticking. You can then set the centre screw to enable free movement with no play.

Reactions: fe7565
Just tried it on one of my mags, left the other as a control in the experiment. I noticed a 50% improvement.
Thanks!
I used some silicone oil from the shoebox freedom 8 on mine.

Moly paste will feel gritty. Trust me. I had to clean my whole AA S 410 trigger assemblly after thinking Moly was the "best"

only for for steel on steel with high pressures involved, not a plastic magazine or a delicate trigger sear.

That's good news.

I guess you only really need to shape the left edge of the pellet hole but smoothing it all won't do any harm.

What I visualise happening is.. As you push the cocking forward, the thin part of the probe pushes the pellet on it's way and as the pellet moves through/out of the mag the mag centre (being under Spring tension) is trying to move clockwise and when the fat part of the probe meets the mag the probe is contacting the left edge of the mag centre. As I said above, on my mag you could clearly see the evidence of this with the damage.

May well be why a lot of owners say they "get easier to load with use". Well they would do as the mag edge gets slowly nipped away.

I reckon an engineer could make a really slick version by remaking the pellet probe as a constant taper like a knitting needle. No chance of snagging that way at all, would be really slick.

Or just round off the fat part of the pellet probe.