• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vulcan Lever action and the New composite stock, if you got one chime in please

I have both. The only thing I disliked about the gun was the bolt action. The new lever action is absolutely fantastic. It's smooth, built of quality materials, and is machined perfectly. Installation was fairly straightforward, but the directions were somewhat lacking. There are excellent detailed instructions on installation over at the TAG forum. I believe it's a sticky.

The only thing I dislike about it is that I tend to shoot way too many pellets, which necessitates me walking all the way to another room to fill my gun again :)

I have the synthetic stock. The only thing I dislike about it is that it is a little shiny. This doesn't match the rest of the gun, and in my opinion, looks cheap. However, I think it looks better than the corn-yellow, virtually grainless wood stocks. I also think that the synthetic suits the looks of the gun better. I have reason to believe that the newer stocks are flat black, but I have yet to confirm this. I've only seen photos. Many months ago I emailed Tony asking about them, but he never returned my emails.

Be aware that the synthetic stock, as I am told, is heavier than the wood. In addition, my wedding ring has worn a small dull spot in the grip.

Reactions: FunGun
The new lever action transforms the vulcan into a very easy cycling/ loading gun. Very significant improvement. I have the gen 3 in wood and I picked up a gen 4 synthetic black stock. I like the looks and function of the black synthetic with the rail and wider adjustable butt pad but it is significantly heavier than the original wood by about 12 ounces. The gun shoots lights out with skinny kings 25 grn or the fat kings at 34 grn. It also likes the AA 25 grn. Mine averages 931 with skinny kings and 826 with fat kings. If you shoot with close by neighbors, you will want to add an LDC. I use a 1/2" UNF adapter on my shroud and LDCs from Donny Fl. Sumo and from Neil and both are excellent reducing noise to just mechanical level. My future plans for it is to send the original wood stock out for hydro dip camo and use it for hunting for walk and stalk or woods hunting and use the synthetic for foul weather and general plinking and static hunting. Mine is topped off with a SWFA SS 3-15 FFP Mil / Mil scope which combines very nice with this platform and how I use it.