Pros: quality, accuracy, easy to repair by yourself, shoots equally well pellets and slugs, include two magazines, comfortable to shoulder.

Cons: no manometer included to know preassure of regulator and you need to degas to make changes on regulator. But once at the right preassure there is no need to be playing around. The rifle will perform perfectly.

Doubtless one of my favorite PCP'S.

Little on heavy side, super subcompact (20.5 ounce) Vector Veyron 6-24x44 scope helps, needs de-pinging and extra tiny gauge is hard for older eyes. Pros: accurate, powerful and deadly. WM
IMG_20230317_122239.jpg

Not only degass the gun but take it apart to change the regulator. That is probably the only real con when comparing to other guns in the same price category. How big that con is will vary from person to person. They are built great, very simple and super accurate though. Good guns for sure.
Indeed, but it is very easy to degas and to take out the regulator. Very easy. Easier than in any other rifle I own.

Reactions: Coolhand
The way I think about is, why do guys want a gun that you HAVE to take apart and tinker with? I prefer a gun that shoots out of the box. I’ve never owned a Vulcan, I’ve never held one but I’m sure they are in the same league as a Taipan as far as build quality and reliability. I don’t really care for finicky guns.

Reactions: Coolhand
I bought the same gun late last year. Here's a tune that's worked well for me. Set the reg at 160 bar and move it to the "forward" location in the air tube (largest plenum), then install the "power spring" from Talon Tunes, $19.95 I think. With the hammer spring turned most of the way in, you'll be close to 70fpe...that's a slug around 30-33 grains at about 1000fps. That's as "hot" as I wanted to go.
It goes without saying, Once you're there, adjust your HS 30 fps below your maximum velocity and tune upwards in 5 fps steps until you find your best accuracy at long range.

Glenn in Texas

Last edited:
I have both a Uragan 25 (@zx10wall tuned) and a Vulcan 3 30. I shot both yesterday after both had been sitting for over 2 weeks and the first 3 shots were within 2 fps each with my FX chrony. Very consistent guns!
Glad to hear. I just found a U2 .22 700mm carbon at talon tunes. Jumped on it.

Reactions: Rich_B
Have one of the first gen's V3's 700mm in .25 (with Alpha Precision barrel) and can honestly say it is one of the most accurate, easy to work-on and reliable airguns i've ever owned that can produce a ton of power.

Still... i don't love it. Aside from the fact that it has no soul or charm imho i cannot get around the obnoxiously loud ping it produces. Have tried every trick in the book and even tested the new ones that come with a factory depinger but it still pings like crazy to my old ears. Guess i'm sensitive.

Second con, in my case the bore is oversized so really need the right ammo fit to bore. Might be fixed with the newer models, not sure.

Really want to love the rifle because it is a solid build and stoopid accurate long range but unfortunately i don't.....

Reactions: Huncowboy
My V3 25 700mm is a decent gun with few faults. Mine is about as precise as I've come across with 60gr Altaros Queens/862 fps/99 fpe. It also holds zero well.

I get the sense that I can't shoot it to it's full potential because the LOP is a bit too long for me and the gun is light weight for target use. When shooting off bucket and sticks at 100Y often I'll get quite a few shots at moa in the vertical but twice that in the horizontal because if my NPA isn't perfect the shot tends to exaggerate outwards.

It's a great long range gun and slug combo. Had a friend who doesn't shoot much, and never long range, hitting our steel at 275Y often recently with my V3.