Vulcan 3 versus Cricket 2 Tactical??? Sir-pings-a-lot??

I bought a .22 C2T 45 a few weeks back and I have been very pleased with the function, but the form of the rifle just hasn't fit me perfectly yet.

So I ordered a Vulcan 3 .22 500mm as the Uragan fits me perfectly. The Vulcan 3 fits me perfectly but this is a sound is freaking whack!!! There are pings an echos from the stock shroud - I put a freakin DFL Koi on it and it is quieter than the shroud. The hammer noise I can live with as the C2T has it too. But WTF from the air cylinder. Every damn shot twaaaaannnnngggggggggggggg echoing through the metal air cylinder (not the bottle). I know it is the air cylinder too and I put my ear to hammer and the cylinder and can here with the ping/twang comes from. 

I am a little irritated right now as I know my .30 Uragan has zero ping, and is quieter then the Vulcan 3 in .22 shooting 30 cal at 85 fpe with only the stock shroud. 

I really don't want to hang a can off the front of the Vulcan 3 as it is long enough as it is. Any better options than a Koi? I've tried quite a few on hand. Huggett Astille, Atom, Flax, Sarissa, Hume 5/30, Huma 4/30, etc. 

Where do I go from here - order a .22 Uragan as well to compare? I might have to digress to Dillon, @Dairyboy, to see how he rank the Uragan and the Vulcan 3.

After a good deal of testing I definitely determined the majority of the noise is coming from the air tube and NOT the shroud. The shoot noise isn't too bad. Figured this out after putting a towel over the action and air tube area.

Watched a few videos on depingers and decided to go the home grown route. With the air tube flipped to the larger plenum side I installed ribbed vinyl rolled up tightly halfway into the plenum. The ribbing is inline with the air flow so flow through the area will not be impeded and there is still plenty of plenum left.

Reinstalled and what a difference in sound level. 

Still not sure if this will be a keeper for me, but I'm going to shoot it more today.

One I made from vinyl tubing and a PVC pipe insert. It is installed on the valve side of the tube/plenum. It takes a bit of work to get the PVC insert shaved to the correct O.D. needed. The plenum is so large the cc's taken up by the d-pinger is insignificant and does not hinder power one bit. I have this installed in my .22 V3 Long that it tuned for 79 FPE. I've also installed this in a few others. It is only needed when the Vulcan is configured in the XL plenum setup. It works!

B8B0BEA4-5FA6-4DA7-A736-303F8C710B62.1647360499.jpeg