• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Vulcan 3 upgrade kit from AAO

I have procured a few springs that are more beefy, got them from a local spring company, not hammer though as its just the .177 i have.
I dont feel the vulcan 3 have much ping, but there are some rattle in the mechanism, something Ernest also address in one of his older videos on a vulcan 2 as i recall.

It is my feeling that many upgrade kits for airguns, depending on what you do / want to do, not really needed

I have procured a few springs that are more beefy, got them from a local spring company, not hammer though as its just the .177 i have.
I dont feel the vulcan 3 have much ping, but there are some rattle in the mechanism, something Ernest also address in one of his older videos on a vulcan 2 as i recall.

It is my feeling that many upgrade kits for airguns, depending on what you do / want to do, not really needed
while you do have a point, there is considerable difference in .177 and .30 cal. my friend has a .22 version and there was definately less ping. But, as I stated, the depinger worked, 1 of the springs work. just don't need all the other stuff, especially for over $100. Better if it was just a spring and depinger either together or separate, for 35-40 bucks.

Reactions: Peashooter
Indeed its like comparing grapes and pineapples in size.

For the hell of it i have tried my peashooter Vulcan 3 with both large and the small plenum setup, but i am of course using the small plenum.
The then huge void in front of the regulator, well i have filled that up with carbon fiber tubes so the volume there are only 20 % or so of what it would normally be ( less wasted air when i take it apart to mess with regulator )

Human have just released the FX bottle adapter with check valve, so i will get that for my rifle even if i have no plans to swap bottle on the go, but at least i will be able to do that then, and not loose like 1/4 of tbe bottles pressure filling the huge plenum and space before the regulator.

So i could put one 480 cc bottle in my backpack, and a 500 CC one also 300 BAR CF bottle, and then the 250 BAR ALU bottle my Maverick came with, so shooting "peas" on the go i would have a helluva lot shots. :)
That / those CF pipes will get taken out when i get that bottle adapter from Huma, also i get compressor this year so i can top up my 12 L bottles, so waste air will soon be a problem of the past.
Also that huge void in front of regulator, well if not opening to get to regulator it is increased "bottle" volume, and i will take that any day over actually fitting a 700 CC bottle which look silly on any rifle.
And it is nice i can use all my 3 FX bottles on my 2 different brand rifles,,,,,, me like redundancy.

Needless to say with CF filling most of my " plenum pipe" i do not have any ping issues, but i cant say i noticed any before i stuffed the pipe.

I have the .22 caliber 700mm and for me the solution is the $20 spring that Talon Tunes sells for the gun. It puts me right at 71 ft lbs with 31.2 grain NSA slugs at 150 bar and the gun has great accuracy and a pretty tame firing cycle. I bought the full "Upgrade Kit" but the only thing I felt was useful was the depinger, it works well. The 2 springs in the "upgrade kit" felt too stiff for .22 so that's why I tried Tony's $20 spring.

Just a quick tip that I lucked into. You'll notice that your action is held in the stock with 2 screws that are way up front around the trigger area. That leaves the entire rear of the action free floating in the back of the stock, I didn't like that. Take a few critical measurements and make a small hardwood block to support the receiver all the way back where the allen screw is, the one that locks your hammer adjuster. Not too tall and not too short. Just enough height where the action rests on it with a little pressure, then glue it in place. That makes 3 points where the receiver rests on wood and they all have to touch. I put a piece of felt on top of my block which showed an imprint of the receiver when it was resting just right. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to put a third stock screw back there but for now, that little block is doing a good job making the gun seem more solid. See ya'

Kind Regards,
Glenn in Texas