Vulcan 3 .22 700 arrived this week

I would love to see more feedback on the Vulcan 3 hoping some recent buyers can chime in.

How is the trigger? How quiet is it, does it need a moderator? Is it similar to other rifles you may have as a comparison etc

I got the V3 in .30 700mm from Talon Tunes. Tony flipped the plenum for high volume (135cc) and it makes 110fpe as I got it. The 700mm barrel stops just past the end of the bottle so the rest of the 38mm shroud is baffled. Mine is quiet enough for me without an extra moderator. It does have a little ping I need to work out of it but I'll wait till I have a few hundred rounds through it first. The trigger is nice and fairly easy to adjust after removing two bolts that hold the stock on. I took the slack out of mine for a clean single stage with no over travel. I had an impact before the V3 and I like the V3 better. I bought this to be a dedicated slug gun since it has no choke but it shoots hades and 50.15 pellets very well also. The barrel with shroud is far more rigid than an impact and the 20moa pic rail gives you plenty of vertical adjustment on your scope. The all aluminum magazines are also very nice.

updates:

My Vulcan 3 700 has a great trigger…clean break.

it’s set up with 31 grain NSA @920 and 
Is very accurate. I shot s starling at 244 yards last week in moderate wind… my longest starling shot to date. 

the gun is quiet without a moderator except for the ping. 

22 Monsters were tested and were worse than Redesigns. Im going to slow the pellets down to 950 and see how they do

I’ve mostly hunted with it but have an NRL match again on Saturday where 

heavy-impact. Thank you for your response this is just the type of information I was looking for. Did Talon tunes reverse the air cylinder to increase the Plenum size for you?

Vulcan 3s are shipped to Talon Tunes with the plenum reversed for max volume.

That’s great news, thanks to you and Hearkens for your current updates on the V3. I’ll spend the weekend deciding whether or not I’m going to purchase one. Thanks again you guys for all the information you provided.

Just received my 700mm .22 from tony today. All I have done so far is swap the cocking lever to the other side as well as throw on a scope and dry fire the rifle a few times to test the trigger. I will say so far for first impressions it is probably the most well made and durable feeling gun i have ever handled. Also I can confirm as I took the barrel off to check that it is the polygonal barrel and therefore the unchoked variant that I received. There is as others have said a loud ping when shooting much louder then anything I have experienced from my gen 1 cricket which i would love to fix. The safety on this also would not stay back and would allow the gun to fire currently which I believe I can fix just by adjusting the trigger as I remember this happening in the past with a ther rifles upon adjusting their triggers below a pound or so. The only other negative I can say is the cocking lever is not as smooth as my cricket but much more tactile feeling and I love how it locks back to put the mag in. 

I had requested tony tune it for 970 to 980 with hybrids so I could shoot 930 ish with a 25.4 grain as well but the shot group says 942 ish with the hybrids i will check tomorrow when I shoot it for the first time as well as test it with the knockouts and hybrids i have but maybe I’ll buy some of the nsas now that you are saying they shoot well through yours.

@Hearkens I did end up testing some H&N 23 grain .218 slugs as well as the hybrids through the gun and you were definitely on to something the H&N's were a laser through this gun much better for me than the hybrids which still were not bad. Best group I had was actually shot by my girlfriend and was about .35 inches center to center for 6 shots at 50 yards which to me is awesome for slugs I was super impressed. One thing i did notice once I swapped the cocking lever to the right hand side is the throw for the cocking lever on this gun is much longer then say the impact and a bit further forward so I do have to come off trigger when recocking the gun not a big deal but just thought i'd mention for people wanting to know how it feels to shoot.

I have a Vulcan 3 in .22 and its a monster after lots of messing and tuning i have now got it shooting 40g Zans
at 1058fps that’s 99.4 FT Lbs i had it more but backed it off slightly and its still super accurate, And it knocks rabbits flying at 200 yds plus, I have the de pinger fitted but its still loud but geeze its a very impressive weapon i only use it for hunting and it does a very good job

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I have a Vulcan 3 in .22 and its a monster after lots of messing and tuning i have now got it shooting 40g Zans
at 1058fps that’s 99.4 FT Lbs i had it more but backed it off slightly and its still super accurate, And it knocks rabbits flying at 200 yds plus, I have the de pinger fitted but its still loud but geeze its a very impressive weapon i only use it for hunting and it does a very good job
How many shots per fill at that power level?
Did you get that just by adjusting the hammer?

Reactions: RM.510bigbore