Vulcan 3 .22 700 arrived this week

90CAC88B-962E-47DF-8982-684DA29ABED1.1641700634.jpeg

My Vulcan 3 22 long arrived arrived from Talon Tunes Wednesday and I’m very happy with the gun and their service! I’m still testing but this appears to be an extremely accurate slugger.

Tony set it up for ZAN’s which I don’t have, but it’s shooting 31.2 NSA at 920 fps and is shooting moa at 155 yards with no additional tuning.

I have much testing to do, but even at this power level (59 ft lbs) it gets MANY shots and I’m certain I can improve accuracy.

my only disappointment is that my unchoked barrel does not shoot the JSB .22 Redesigns nearly as well as slugs. I had hoped to potentially use this gun for Benchrest. I’m hoping Theres an option to buy a separate choked barrel for BR.

I have 2 Uragans and owned a Vulcan 25. This is an awesome gun and a nice addition to the lineup! I doubt anyone will be disappointed. 

Im testing other NSA’s and H&N slugs tomorrow. Stay tuned. 

Brad in Salt Lake

Will try some pellets, but right now it's not outdoor shooting season, so hopefully people will be able to purchase the choked barrel when they become available. I had ordered a 25 Long, but it didn't come in, so I took at 25 500. Then ordered a 700 in 22. I wanted one with the long barrel, didn't read the fine print, so at least a second barrel should not be all that bad. 

Hey all,

I’ve been extremely busy with work so I haven’t shot much but I did shoot a very nice 132 yard group today on a telephone pole in the wind that was about 1.5”. The gun appears very accurate with 32 grain .217 NSA slugs.

I’m gonna use it in an NRL match tomorrow though I’m not 100% certain about dope. I’ll report back. 

I haven’t tried adjusting the hammer spring yet but if it’s like the Uragan, it’s just an Allen key adjustment on the backside of the butt plate. very easy to adjust. 

Brad in Salt Lake

Well… I got up at 5:30 am to go to an NRL match with the Vulcan 3 (2 hours drive away from Salt Lake) and arrived to a locked parking lot. The match had been pushed out by a week and we hadn’t noticed!

Went to a couple dairy farms instead and shot starlings out to 212 ( lucky shot on low wind day) on Saturday and Sunday. I need to do more on paper at 100 yards… but This gun continues to look promising. 

Im headed south of Salt lake today to another farm…. Will report back. 
One thing I don’t love is the loud ping on firing. I’m guessing it’s because of the 60 ftlb power level. The gun it’s relatively quiet outside of this annoying ping. 

60 FPE in 22 is impressive. Gotta be a pretty hard smack to let that much air loose. I've narrowed my search down to the Argus 60 and the Vulcan 3. I don't think the argus would make 60 FPE in 22. I like AGT's mags better, and their safety inside the trigger guard i like better too. Be nice to have that much power on tap, but my primary goal is big shot count, shooting standard pellets inside 100 yards. Thanks for the report. The long drive for not is unfortunate, but at least you found some trigger time along the way anyhow. Hope to hear more soon.