• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vulcan .25

Hi everyone
I bought vulcan .25 few weeks ago 
Was facing a problem my regulator was not locking ... while hunting i always have to waste my 1st pellet to get real velocity even if i fire my gun after few mins
Because if i left my gun for a while my 1st shot was always on high velocity about 40fps but after 1st shot every continues shot was consistent and extremely accurate 
Then i sent msg to company Pigrov Evgeny about this fault they did sent me a regulator dealing me as a customer was fine 
i installed the regulator and everthing became perfect expect the shot count ... i heard 40-45 shots almost everyone getting on 880fps with 25grains jsb 
But i am getting about 36 consistent shots on EH883fps and eL 874fps from 250-150bars
can anyone guide me is this normal if not then what went wrong ..... ?
Regards 

What happens to the fps when you come off the regulator?

Are you sure your gauge is correct? My first gauge would never go above 210bar, yours maybe off but the opposite way and showing 250 bar while possibly filled lower.

Do you feel any puff of air on your cheek when you shoot? Some place a thin tissue over the pellet loading port to see if the pellet probe seals right.

If the problem is a leaking o-ring somewhere, on the TAG forum there is a specific section for Vulcans with some hardcore tinkerers who may have more insight. 

MughalYes there is lil air blast on every shot in the cheek and eye its annoying ....seems like this shot count is normal 
Thankx everyone

There shouldn't be any air puff. It seems the screw for barrel alignment isn't tight enough. Also it seems that the your regulator is set to a higher pressure.

I have adjusted my Vulcan regulator with the tester to 130 bars and adjusted the valve also. The regulator is very sesitive to the adjustments, took me a while to get it where I wanted it. Tested the gun last night. Shot 2 mags got 3 errors due to low light. here is the result:

240 bars
200 bars

It consumed 40 bars for 18 shots.

hsnmz
MughalYes there is lil air blast on every shot in the cheek and eye its annoying ....seems like this shot count is normal 
Thankx everyone

There shouldn't be any air puff. It seems the screw for barrel alignment isn't tight enough. Also it seems that the your regulator is set to a higher pressure.

I have adjusted my Vulcan regulator with the tester to 130 bars and adjusted the valve also. The regulator is very sesitive to the adjustments, took me a while to get it where I wanted it. Tested the gun last night. Shot 2 mags got 3 errors due to low light. here is the result:

240 bars
200 bars

It consumed 40 bars for 18 shots.

what adjustment in the valve u did ... will u plz guide a lil
thankx

fe7565There is one screw right next to the loading port on the top section of the action. On the .25 it serves no purpose, however there is pressure behind it when you fire the pellet. Make sure that the screw is seated properly. I heard someone used thread lock.

true i just checked there is too much pressure cming from there but i c nthing there to seal that air i mean no oring or anything like that which can seal air ... screw is too small am too afraid to tighten it beyond its limit i might slip the screw i dont wanna destroy it ..... zzzzz

If the source of leak is that screw then it could affect the accuracy and shot count. That screw supposed to seal by itself without any o-rings, but some others used (semi-permanent?) thread lock compound. 

May also want to check Ernest's videos http://sniperlabyo-precision-airguns.com/ where he shows how to put the Vulcan back together (he had a .22). There may be something not exactly right after you replaced the regulator. For example when sliding in the barrel there are some delicate fitting maneuvers for the barrel and tank clamps, etc that has to be done just right. 

fe7565If the source of leak is that screw then it could affect the accuracy and shot count. That screw supposed to seal by itself without any o-rings, but some others used (semi-permanent?) thread lock compound. 

May also want to check Ernest's videos http://sniperlabyo-precision-airguns.com/ where he shows how to put the Vulcan back together (he had a .22). There may be something not exactly right after you replaced the regulator. For example when sliding in the barrel there are some delicate fitting maneuvers for the barrel and tank clamps, etc that has to be done just right.

that screw is just for barrel alignment ... i dont think putting lil rubber in the screw will effect accuracy .... i saw barrel it is aligned properly ....
and it was leaking air like this only even before installing regulator..
u made me worried now that time i thought orings r new mb air cming from bolt ..... r u sure it wil effect the accuracy ?

The transfer port is below that screw and if I remember correctly someone mentioned that the air can get around the barrel and the o-rings sealing the pellet probe. So when you fire and as the pellet moves forward it can affect the pressure behind the pellet until it leaves the barrel. On the .22 Vulcan that screw actually holds/aligns the barrel, but on the .25 it does not.

If it's not the screw where the puff of air comes from then it could be the o-ring(s) around the pellet probe inside the barrel. I do not know how that is setup inside, Ernest's video may explain.