Vulcan .25 Review

Hi BK

You will not get any answer as the moderator has banned KS. I am not allowed to tell you which forum to find KS on as the moderator and rules consider this advertising. Send me a PM with your own e mail and I will happily tell you. Shame really because KS was a great poster and very knowledgeable over many makes and models. A loss to AGN I feel and a bigger loss to the sponsors. I do not like posting much as I fear the grim reaper.
What did Caesar say on the steps of the Forum.....?

happy shooting

"bornkiller"Wow reading this makes me can't wait for my Vulcan keysersosa how is your Vulcan holding up I c it's been a while since u have posted I just order mine I get Soon can't wait!!! I sent u a pm about a thread I seen u post about Mtc scope thanks
The dude was rightfully banned from this website for posting just plain inaccurate and hateful information. I understand liking the brand you own more than others but to intentionally post deceitful information against other brands is just childish. I'd look elsewhere for information on this gun and I wouldn't trust this guys posts you may find on other websites. 

BK,

The MTC Viper Connect SL 3-12x24 which you are referring to is a 30mm scope. The easiest way to mount it is to use two scope double strap scope rings placed in front of the windage turret. An alternative would be tow use one single strap ring behind the windage turret and a double strap in front. In either case, you will need to by Picatinny rings if you plan on using it on the Vulcan.

If you have a rifle with dovetail rings that you plan on mounting it to, then get the MTC Connect Mounts sold by Trenier Outdoors

Scott

"Ted"Thanks for the additional photos, KS. Yep - that .25 CZ sure is a shorty. Kind of a clever move on the part of Airgun Technology. Besides the Evanix Max ML, it is the only other "really short" .25 bullpup.
I believe the Evanix Rainstorm 3D is even shorter (and louder) than the Max Ml. The Air Arms Slayer sport pup .25 is also short. 25-27" without the moderator and 31" with. For some reason hardly anyone seems to like the Rainstorm 3D. Maybe something to do with the fact that it looks silly. 

On on a different note, I'm not sure we're on the right track measuring backyard friendliness with a sound meter and not just because nobody has accurate measuring equipment. I find that the pitch of the sound has more of an impact. My Career 707 makes my ears bleed on full power and my sound meter records it as 104 db. With an LDC it comes out at 88db but it still sounds equally loud and alarming to me (and my neighbors). Conversely, my Hatsan AT44 QE produces a reading of 88db and I consider it very backyard friendly because the noise it makes doesn't sound anything like an explosion or gun shot. There are plenty of loud noises on my street from gardeners and workman etc but nobody has anything to say unless it is late at night. What we really want to know is if the neighbors will assume that we are using power tools or if they will call the cops to tell them they heard gun shots.

I have a .25 Cricket arriving on Friday so I am hoping that the 104db reading is down to us using different equipment only. I was told that the Cricket is "one of the quietest .25 air guns around". I was also told that the Vulcan was much louder which is the main reason why I chose the Cricket. I'm hoping I haven't been given bad info..

The environment also messes with sound readings and perceived noise. It always sounds louder (to me) indoors and even louder with a hard backstop. The sound of a pellet hitting a hard target will be loud with any powerful gun, no matter how good the baffles are. I shoot downwards from a 2nd floor window when I want to be discrete so, if I miss, the pellet hits the grass silently.