Vulcan .25 Makeover.

I used that very same paint on my very boring beech stocked .25cal P12 Prototype lightly sanded between coats then finished with a flat black as the Rust-oleum paint only comes in brown tones and has quite a rough texture if not sanded then coated with a std paint to smooth it down again.
It has been surprisingly durable and I have yet to scratch it although the matt black paint has polished to a slightly glossy finish in the more handled areas like the pistol grip. 

My Discovery also has a paint like that. I bought it used and the guy said he didn't like the stock so he took spray in bed liner that is used for trucks and he sprayed it down. I thought it looked cool plus it gave it a nice tacky feel a little bit like sand paper. Then the grip (since I use it so much) became glossy and smooth. I like it altot and its very durable. Although I don't think I could get a can of paint any where near a vulcan if I ever get one.

thought the end result came out very nice , tho looking a bit ... cheap ? dont mean that in a negativ way , just that it seems very ... even ,, kind of like with a plastic stock .
the p12 that wingman had pictured had more the texture i like (maby they look the same , as picture is not taken in same conditions)

personaly i dont see a problem with making a project out of it lol , tho why get a gun with a stock you cant stand ;) ?

had a hw101 some time ago that i bought new from dealer and the same day had it stripped , furbed and finished with a tactical grip compound and bed liner on the realy hard wear surfaces ... became the go to gun for most air rifle sniper challanges until it got stolen.

not a fan of the carbon wrap used here , but some other carbon wrap would no doubt work the treat :) spot on for wear mark block .

liked the project allot :D might do somewhat the same with my walther LGU

One quick thought to add to this discussion. In doing this process to guns I discovered that the paint, or truck bed finish, will dry in short order. However, it will take a couple of weeks to "cure" to full hardness. So, a bit of caution is advised when handling the new finish for the first couple of weeks. After that it is more resistant to scratching or marring if bumped or rubbed against an aggressive surface.