• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

VULCAN 2 .30 cal or ED R5 .30 cal

Looking at .30 cal. myself. Would love the Edgun but single shot and night hunting with thermal won't cut it. Now if the .30 had a magazine and side lever that would be the ticket. Vulcan sounds interesting and don't know why info is scarce. Krale-Schietsport has a great price on the Vulcan 2 BPS .30 cal. but not sure about ordering from them if warranty issue comes up. American Air Arms EVOL is another option if you're willing to wait two or three months for delivery. I feel your pain.

I have an Edgun Matador R5 in .30 and it's a keeper gun for sure. Only problem is that they are limited in number made, 407 if I'm not mistaken, and that's worldwide. I just checked EdgunWest and they are out of stock. I'd recommend you talk to Brian at EdgunWest to see if he has any more 30's coming in otherwise you're stuck with the second hand gun market if that's your preference. Also, Ed never intends to make an R5 .30 in multi-shot, so single-shot it is.

In regards to the Vulcan 2, I'd check with Tony at TalonTunes and see if he has any updates or shipments on .30 cal Vulcans.

Finally, consider what you're planning on using the .30 cal for. If paper punching/plinking, skip the 30 and get a 25 or 22 caliber instead as ammo cost and availability will play a factor in the long run. If hunting, determine what increased benefit the .30 will give you over the .25 outside of raw terminal energy and you may want to consider the 25 cal more closely.

Why do you not hear about the Vulcans? For me it's because they don't have issues. They are built like tanks from an engineering perspective and people who own them are out shooting them instead of being here researching solutions. Now with that said, I love my Vulcan and I love AGT and their customer support, fast, and they own their product and want to take care of their customers. BUT I like edgun as well. I will probably own an edgun someday....just not yet. When it comes to issues with the .30 cal, I am still on the sidelines with both, but time will tell....it always does. Enjoy the conundrum.

Hello
I luckily have a Matador R5 .30 Super long and it's the best thing I've bought at the moment.
Vote for the Matador R5.30
B, regards

P.D. A target at 100m (109.3 yards)

1533739177_9814697415b6b00a9d6c744.50055328_IMG_20180808_163457.jpg

1533739252_12624244445b6b00f45138b3.42329878_IMG_20180627_114455928.jpg

I'm wondering if the magazine on the EDgun R5M would be a issue for a lefty. Looking at the pictures sure seems likely. Sent an email to EDgun West, haven't heard back yet. Looks to be a non-issue on the Vulcan2

No, the R5M is not a problem for a lefty. Here's a video of edgun (a lefty himself) shooting one left handed. 

https://youtu.be/bsjplIgDtzE

My R5 .30 is no problem to shoot left handed either. And my gen 4 Vulcan .25, well , it's a joy to shoot left handed as well and with the side lever it's almost too easy. Almost...