Vote - most unreliable gun

I haven’t been on here for a very long time but I have noticed that yes there are some people that don’t like you to say anything bad about FX airguns. I have read some posts on gateway to airguns where people would Mention Something about a PCP Air rifle on maybe springer post and people would flip out over it. There were people that only liked Springers and didn’t want to even hear about a PCP air rifle. 

It's definitely human nature to defend our habits, preferences, and opinions even when they're demonstrably incorrect, foolish, or even self-destructive or bad. :D

I agree with bucketboy's math! I DO have higher expectations when spending more money. But as someone who used to be a store clerk selling shoes and clothing and had a chance to really look at the stuff every day in detail, for example, have found out that higher cost is often due to marketing rather than quality. The stitching and workmanship etc. on many high-end brands is much worse than on simple in-house brands that sell for very reasonable prices. The "ordinary" goods have to do something reliable rather than just sport a label so everyone can see what you bought.

It's definitely human nature to defend our habits, preferences, and opinions even when they're demonstrably incorrect, foolish, or even self-destructive or bad. :D

I agree with bucketboy's math! I DO have higher expectations when spending more money. But as someone who used to be a store clerk selling shoes and clothing and had a chance to really look at the stuff every day in detail, for example, have found out that higher cost is often due to marketing rather than quality. The stitching and workmanship etc. on many high-end brands is much worse than on simple in-house brands that sell for very reasonable prices. The "ordinary" goods have to do something reliable rather than just sport a label so everyone can see what you bought.

well spoken +1

Ok here is something other than a FX. I've got a LCS SK 19, it's spent more time in the shop than shooting it. It has been back 5 times already, same leak, blown out actuator valve. AOA has been exemplar in honoring warranty, quick repair and turn around. The gun is a accurate, fun to shoot when operating correctly, I just wish they would replace it. I don't know if it is an inherent design flaw or I just got a lemon. I was looking for one in .177 but am sorely disappointed with my experience to date.

Ok here is something other than a FX. I've got a LCS SK 19, it's spent more time in the shop than shooting it. It has been back 5 times already, same leak, blown out actuator valve. AOA has been exemplar in honoring warranty, quick repair and turn around. The gun is a accurate, fun to shoot when operating correctly, I just wish they would replace it. I don't know if it is an inherent design flaw or I just got a lemon. I was looking for one in .177 but am sorely disappointed with my experience to date.

Wow what a bummer. Yes, AOA has been A++ in every transaction I have ever had with them. Thanks for sharing something other than FX. I don’t want this to become a hate on FX thread. 

At least you got great customer service out of the deal.

-Lt

I have five FX Impacts. Two MK1's in .25 and .30 bought new in March 2017. a Impact X 600mm barrel bought a few months later , a MKII pre-power plenum in .25 and a MKII Power Plenum in .30. purchased a few months ago. No leaks or issues so far. Bought a RAW HM1000X in .25 a while ago ..........and it leaked straight out of the box when I tried to fill it. Damaged fill port o-ring. So from my experience the FX Impact is more reliable than RAW . Hmmmmm