Vortex Viper PST Gen2 3-15x owners - Usable inside 20 yards?

Hey guy, I'm hoping to get some input from owners of the Vortex Viper PST Gen2 3-15x-44 FFP. I know that the advertised minimum parallax on the scope is 20 yards, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with using them at closer distances like 10-15 yards. I'm back on the hunt for a new scope after getting 2 defective Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x-50 FFP scopes. This new glass is for my hunting/pesting rifle and about 25% of my shots are inside of 20 yards, with some of those as close as 12 yards. I've been considering the Viper PST since it seems like it's of good enough quality to last me for a few years, or a few different rifles. I've read random posts here and there about people claiming the Viper 3-15 CAN focus down at targets closer than 20 yards, but nobody has gone into too much detail about it. If you've used your Viper PST at these close distances, what distance & magnification are you at, and is the reticle large enough to be "usable" to accurately place a pellet in the vital areas of something squirrel sized? How sharp is the focus at those close ranges?

I've considered the new Diamondback FFP, but currently ruling it out for lack of illuminated reticle. My current Hawke SFP has an illuminated reticle and I've found that it's kinda nice to have when I'm out at sundown/lowlight, so I think I would like to hold onto that feature with my next piece of glass. If for some reason a Viper won't suit my needs, the only other options I see for FFP with IR and ~10 yard parallax would be from Athlon.

Thanks!