• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 for FX Impact 25 Cal

Need help with a scope recommendation ASAP before I do the deal later today. I am looking at picking up a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 with the EBR-7C MRAD Reticle later today for a good price to replace the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 that I have on the scope that I am giving in trade for the other scope along with some $$$. I have a Holosun HS510C Reflex Sight on it for close range, but I don’t have much experience with scopes to know if it is a good choice or not.

The Strike Eagle doesn’t have a parallax adjustment, so it limits me to a degree and if I want to use night vision on the scope plus I am thinking about doing some longer distance shooting. The Viper PST is FFP and it gets good reviews, but I just want to make sure I am not overlooking something.

Thank You!

Vortex strike eagle 5x25-56 is ffp and does have a parallax adjustment turret.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-strike-eagle-5-25x56-ffp.html?vortex_reticle=1500

Another option is the Element Titan scope.

The Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 does have parallax, but I am hearing of people having to send them back due to issues. The Strike Eagle 1-8x24 doesn’t have it and the reason I am asking about grabbing the Viper. Just want to know if it is a solid scope before I do the deal or not.

Chemist63,

The Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 looks like a very nice scope!

(1)

I'm not sure if this is OK with you, but I need my scopes to shoot close range for pesting and backyard plinking, so the Vortex's 20-yard minimum parallax would be a deal breaker if I was buying....

(2)

When you say you want to shoot same longer ranges -- what ranges are you thinking? And what do you want the scope to do for you at those ranges?

You see, if you just want to HIT the target, a top end magnification of 15x would probably be fine at 100y. But if you also wanted to SEE your hits, you might want to consider a 20x, 24x, or 30x top end (older eyes need more magnification).

Wishing you all the best for your scope shopping! 😊

Matthias

When it comes down to the price point the vortex in question, does have very nice turret adjustments ( like MICHAEL said) but the scope that I mentioned earlier is $350.00 bucks more. But please keep in mind I have a shooting range in my back yard and I do shoot two and three times a day, and when I shoot it’s hours at a time pending weather conditions. But my point is that I am older and spending more money the investment on a more expensive scope is easier on my eyes. I only speaking out age and experience. I only want to be helpful!