• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vortex rangefinder...Anyone every used one?

"Kgb1024"I am in the market for a rangefinder and wanted to know if anyone has used the vortex ranger 1000, the warranty is lifetime and I wanted to hear the good, bad, and ugly before dropping the cash on one.
That's an expensive one. If you shooting Airguns I would call this one an over investment. I have a basic rangefinder from wall mart that ranges very accurately up to 400 yards. The max I would shoot using an airgun is 250. I currently have never gone beyond 150. The vortex WIL enable you to accurately range find up to 1000 or 1200 yards. Useful if you shoot that long using a firearm. But an overkill for an airgun. I would rather use the money for a top of the line scope. 

Well here's my thought on it, here in the states it costs about 350, but it comes with a lifetime warranty unless you lose it or it gets stolen, no questions asked. I could buy a cheaper one but take the chances of having to replace it if I break it. Also, it is waterproof.
it will range reflective targets out to a thousand yards or soft targets to about 550 as far as I have seen on reviews, that is pretty much standard for any rangefinder. ( meaning they will range about half or a little more on soft targets) 
must cheaper than the Leica and leupold but not much more than the bushnell. I would rather buy once and cry once than go through several lower quality products.
Plus I like the red display as the black ones are harder to see on dark backgrounds.

@kgb1024 The Vortex is a solid rangefinder and like you said, has the unbeatable warranty. If you can afford it, go for it. I tend to buy the best I can afford for the same reasons as yourself. You get what you pay for. there is now way around it.

Scott

PS - I bought a Bushnell The Truth rangefinder from Nachez Shooters Supplies for $89 which was a steal. They often have demo range finders at a really good price. Mine was a demo but I got a brand new unopened box. They don't have Vortex but it might be worth a look. http://www.natchezss.com/optics/rangefinders.html#brand=200800&dir=asc&limit=64&order=position